cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 channel list too small

HARLAN
On our wavelength

Virgin 360 channel list too small because of logos.difficult to make our channel name. With v6 could change this to make easier to read. Checked setting cant find any way with 360. Anyone got a way to do it thanks

8 REPLIES 8

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @HARLAN 

There is an enlarged TV guide which removes the icons. However, it's difficult to manouvre and you may find it's an improvement

Settings > Accessibility > Enlarged TV Guide - Turn ON to set the default TV guide button to always open the Enlarged TV guide. It can also be accessed by pressing 555.

There are other accessibility tools which you can read about on  <<< this page >>> 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

roy247
Community elder

Hi HARLAN,

There's also the high contrast setting in Audio and Video if you haven't already tried, it will reboot the box.

HARLAN
On our wavelength

Enlarged tv guide rmassive. Just wanted channel names clearly without logos ie bbc 1 channell 4

As you could with v6 box in settings .i have good eyesight and dont need it 10ft tall either.

Take it option has been removed with new company

HARLAN
On our wavelength

I only need 32 inch tv so pro aly with most people going for larger screens there isnt a reqiirement for this option now  not an essentisl thing but made searching that bit more friendly

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi aghain @HARLAN 

Please try the following two options

Settings > Accessibility > High Contrast

It improves the menu visibility - turning it on for though will force start your TV 360., but if you are happy with that then leave it turned on. 

There is also Settings > Accessibility > Voiceover Guidance

Once you've switched that on in settings, when in the EPG a voice will read out the highlighted program name and description

(When you in settings and setting it up you can adjust the voiceover speed and the volume)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi HARLAN, thanks for the message and welcome back to the forums. 

I am sorry to hear that you are having issues with this and can you confirm if you have tried what newappollo has suggested?

Please let us know how it goes and if you are still having issues. 

Chris 

HARLAN
On our wavelength

Dont know what newappollo is but other suggestions are just not suitable. It seems that changing the list of channels to just the name ie bbc, sky arts instead of name and logo cant be done as it was on old v6. There are a lot less buttons on new controller and getting stuff with one click now involves going through menus.

Saving grace is the voice control which is not perfect but pretty efficient

Hi Harlan, 

Thanks for coming back to us, apologies that you feel the 360's accessibility capabilities are not as good as our Tivo boxes were. 

I just want to bring your attention to what our Super User @newapollo stated in his post which is a brilliant idea for you 💡

Hi aghain @HARLAN 

Please try the following two options

Settings > Accessibility > High Contrast

It improves the menu visibility - turning it on for though will force start your TV 360., but if you are happy with that then leave it turned on. 

There is also Settings > Accessibility > Voiceover Guidance

Once you've switched that on in settings, when in the EPG a voice will read out the highlighted program name and description

(When you in settings and setting it up you can adjust the voiceover speed and the volume)

Please could you try following their steps to see if this helps? 

Thanks,

Megan_L