Menu
laney1111
Tuning in
Message 1 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360 box sync problem

Hi. I know this has already been mentioned but not really seen an answer. Ever since upgrading to 360 box the sound has been out of sync and gets worse as time goes on. Disabled Dolby. Tried new cables. It was fine when it was V6 software. The timing is fine if I use the audio plug. But obviously I want to use HDMI ARC. Is there a solution

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 360 box sync problem

If you are using a sound bar try connecting the 360 to a TV HDMI port without ARC.

Then if you are using  fibre optic straight from the 360 to your sound bar, set Dolby to Follow Content.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laney1111,

Thanks for using the forums to get this issue looked into with your Virgin 360 box, I am sorry if this has been causing some frustration. 

I have already taken the time to check your 360's specs on my side and I cannot find anything outstanding, everything is optimal 🙂

Can I ask if NewApollo's advice helped?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
laney1111
Tuning in
Message 4 of 15
Flag for a moderator

I still have the same problem a month on and after 20plus phone calls. Arc worked fine when the box was a V6 box now Arc and optical is out of sync. I shouldn’t have to change all my cables and how it’s plugged in as it was fine before

0 Kudos
Swf
Superfast
Message 5 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Work around. Works for me

After using the apps YouTube, I player I get this issue.   I put box into standby for a few seconds and then turn back on.

Does it happen after using apps or randomly? 

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hey @laney1111,

Thanks for coming back to the forums and I'm very sorry to hear that you are still experiencing this sync issue with you v360.

I've just had a quick check on the account and can see that you have an virtual tech appointment booked for our Faults team to try and help with this issue. Hopefully they can offer some further advice on this - please keep us posted.

Kind regards, 

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
laney1111
Tuning in
Message 7 of 15
Flag for a moderator

When Is that booked for then

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 8 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi laney1111,

Go to the top of this page and click on  My Virgin Media

Click on the Help tab (next to My Upgrades and Offers and Service Status); if you hover over that tab, a new menu will appear. 

Scroll on over to the Orders and Appointments tab and click ok.

Providing it's been arranged the visit will show there,  and you can reschedule from there if the timeslot booked is not convenient for you. 

Or if you're logging in using the app, open any of the pages and then use the the dots at the top to open the hidden menu. From there, you can select the Orders and Appointments tab. 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Megan_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 15
Flag for a moderator

Hi Laney1111,

Thanks for coming back to us, I see NewApollo answered your question about where to find the appointment. 

Were you able to find out? If the virtual appointment has already been done, what did they mention about your issue?

Thanks,

Megan_L

0 Kudos
laney1111
Tuning in
Message 10 of 15
Flag for a moderator

For some reason I had a engineer appointment that I didn’t know about (which he couldn’t do anything about the fault as it’s a software fault) but no virtual appointment from the faults team