Menu
Nova1989
Dialled in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360 box smoking - Can’t send out replacement?

I know I’ve had PQ issues it’s something else...

The customer service is actually unreal. I’ve had it with Virgin Media. This evening my screen was displaying a pink screen every so often and not long after a restart began to smoke slightly while giving off a burning smell.

I contacted CS to he told they can’t send me a replacement because of the Area utilisation problem (which has been like it since May 2020) but they want to carry on charging me, I then ask to leave if I’m paying for a service I’m not getting but then have to pay a disconnection fee?

I’m asked if I would like to raise a complaint to which I agree and ask for. Then to get transferred over to cancellations I’m told I need to close the complaint to say I’m happy with the outcome... it’s mind blowing! I can just call back up and go through the options.

This is ridiculous, anyone reading this thinking to go with Virgin, if you can get Sky, get it. If you’re with Sky stay with them!!!!

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d1db0da76043c41871c5a4c7663bd47289828ca1
0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 360 box smoking - Can’t send out replacement?

I think I can understand why they can't send a replacement box for a fault but even with covid they have been sending out engineer's for faulty boxes because it's a loss of service, and as the advice would be for anything that is smelling of burning would be to turn it off, I think some health and safety regulation would make this compulsory. Also shouldn't you be entitled to compensation for everyday lost as Virgin do like to say it is their equipment.

I can only assume that you have spoken to someone offshore.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Just for the avoidance of doubt, can you confirm it's your V360 box that's potentially smoking, and not your TV?

And regardless of whether it is or not... please switch the affected kit off at the mains. No amount of TV is worth a house fire.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Nova1989, thanks for getting in touch - sorry for the bad experience when getting in touch on the phone about your 360 box.

It's definitely concerning to hear that it smells like it's burning - further to the advice above I'd like to take a look and see what we can do to help, I wasn't able to do so using your forum details alone though - so please look out for my PM and get back to me when you can.

Tom 

Nova1989
Dialled in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Completely unplugged. Most definitely coming from the box. I complained to have an engineer booked but like a previous visit they put it down utilisation. I think the box could catch fire and would still be put down to utilisation... 😂😂😂😩

I won’t hold my breathe in what should be a straight over swap - which would sort it without fuss. And the picture quality was actually good before that!

https://www.thinkbroadband.com/broadband/monitoring/quality/share/d1db0da76043c41871c5a4c7663bd47289828ca1
0 Kudos
Tom_F
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Apologies again for the delay getting back to you Nova1989 - glad to see that action has already been taken, please keep us posted with how this progresses when you can.

Tom 

0 Kudos