cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 box not working

Chrisis1957
Just joined

The box has been working for some time. This morning I found an amber light on the box either solid or flashing and on the TV it either has the Welcome page or there is a white downward arrow pointing at what looks like a keyboard. I have tried rebooting the hub as well as switching off the box and the TV but without success. Am I right that I need to contact VM to replace the box?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You certainly need to contact VM to report the fault, yes. Staff should respond on here, but it's likely to take a couple of days whereas calling is quicker.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Ok many thanks. I’ll do that

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Chrisis1957 

A number of 360 boxes received an overnight update to build 4.41.  It sounds like yours has failed during this process.

As per @japitts it looks like you'll need a new 360, I don't know how the 360 is connected to the internet, but there's a faint chance that if you can attach an ethernet cable to the 360 that the over the air update will complete (might involve rebooting both your hub and 360)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Natalie_L
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

HI Chrisis1957,

Welcome to the Community and thank you for posting. 

We apologise for the issues you are facing with your TV service.

I have taken a look from my side and can see you have been able to arrange a technician appointment with the team.  Please do let us know how it goes and if you require any assistance in the future. 

Thanks, 

Nat