Menu
Dives43
Joining in
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360 box issues

Hi,

We switched from sky to virgin around 6 months ago but have a few issues with the 360 box

- whenever we try to watch netflix, click on the film / program and the sound goes, we have to come out of it to go back in which eventually solves the issue, anyone else experience this? 

- the TV remote is very stiff to press left on the directional buttons from as soon as we got it. Now it's hard to press in all directions now

- now recently the sky sports red button doesn't work. When trying to watch other games last night on sky sports, I click the red button and it just goes to a black screen? It was working before but only just recently started doing this. I turned box off, unplugged etc...

Any info would be much appreciated.

0 Kudos
TonyJover
Dialled in
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 360 box issues

The red button issue has been reported here recently - there's a thread about it and iirc it'll be fixed by the 23rd.

'Stiff buttons' sounds like a faulty remote.

No suggestions regarding the Netflix issue, sorry.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator

The Sky Sports red button issue has only started in the past week or so, but is already being discussed in this thread 

Netflix - does the same thing happen with other streaming apps and/or OnDemand programmes? Or just NF? How is your V360 connected up for picture & sound - is it HDMI to your TV, or are there any soundbars/AV kit in the chain anywhere?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dives43
Joining in
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you both for your replies 👍

The box is connected to the TV via HDMI, and there is a sound bar connected to the TV. The box is hooked up to the sound bar as we can adjust the volume of the soundbar with the virgin remote. 

It only seems to happen with netflix, prime video is fine. When we click on a program on netflix the TV screen goes black and seems to change the settings and that's when we lose our sound.

Whats the best way to get a new remote, ive heard ringing the call centre is quite a stressful / annoying job.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator

I can't think of anything immediately off-hand to help with the NF app issue, other than...

1: Have you proven the HDMI cable & port as good by swapping them around?

2: Presumably (but you've not said) you've restarted the box?

Replacement remotes can be ordered online at https://www.virginmedia.com/help/virgin-tv-lost-or-damaged-tv-remote/download-tv-control-app 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Dives43
Joining in
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes box was restarted. It seems like it's a netflix app issue, not sure if anyone else is having the same problem. Strangely it only happens now occasionally. 

Tried to order a new remote but unable to as virgin say they have none in stock or they're in high demand so we're stuck with the poor remote now.

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Dives43,

Welcome to the forums and many thanks for your posts. I'm sorry to hear of the issues with both your remote and the Netflix app.

Just to understand the Netflix issue a little more, does this happen at any particular time of day? Are you able to test with a different sound device to see if the issue repeats?

Also, I will send you a private message just to get some details from you to look into getting a replacement remote out for you. Please look out for the purple envelope.

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
Dives43
Joining in
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It happens on most shows on netflix. Used to do it every time but just recently started watching ackley bridge and the sound is fine on that but now the shows are cutting off around 1 minute from the end, meaning we miss the end of each episode.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

@Dives43 wrote:

now the shows are cutting off around 1 minute from the end, meaning we miss the end of each episode.

Just on this specific point, you might want to check out this long existing thread 

0 Kudos
Molly_G
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi @Dives43,

Glad to have been able to assist with the 360 remote.

In regards to the issue you've described with Netflix, there has been a known issue with the cut-off that our faults department have been working on. Many customers have reported the issue to be resolved for them just over the last couple of days - are you able to reboot the set-top box then test a show at some point when convenient and report back whether the issue is persisting?

Thanks,

Molly_G
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos