Menu
sherwood1948
Joining in
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360 box : Is a installation in a back bedroom possible

• I've been with Sky for 20 years, but I need faster Internet now, so I have just signed up with Virgin for TV, phone, mobile and broadband. It's being installed in 2 weeks.

I have to say, so far it's been an absolute nightmare. I have absolutely no confidence in the sales team who have called me several times since I signed up, asking me the same question, which is "have I signed up?" 

There is clearly a brakedown in communication their end. I explained that the main 360 box is going in the back bedroom upstairs, and the mini box downstairs. Is this going to be a problem? The said no problem at all. 

My neighbour is with virgin, she sent me a link that I clicked on, so we could both get £50 off our bill when I signed up. According to Virgin, they have no record of this and will not honour the £50, which is not a good way to start with a new customer. 

A neighbour accross from me who went for virgin two months ago has since told me that their main TV is in the back living room. When the installation happened , the installer told them, it wasn't possible for a back room installation, so she only had the broadband fitted. Then had a mightmare getting her TV cancelled as she was told that a back room installation was no problem. 

• Having been told by Virgin sales staff that this is no problem, does anyone know if a back bedroom installation is possible?

0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 360 box : Is a installation in a back bedroom possible

Can't see why it would be a problem myself. Surely you can have it installed wherever you want. Many years ago when living with parents I had it installed in a bedroom as parents had no need for broadband or multiple channels. Only the phone line Was installed downstairs 

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
sherwood1948
Joining in
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Okay. Thanks. 

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Hello

All the engineer will have to do is run the coaxial cable internally to allow the signal to get to the box, so should not be a problem.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos