Menu
Highlighted
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360 - We miss our V6!

We received our brand spanking new Virgin 360 and can see some pros but way too many negatives for our liking. Will these be fixed?

1. No way to choose ‘new only’ when recording series. We end deleting loads of episodes we have seen even ones we watched the day before! 

2. No slight rewind on the ffw which worked well for those of us not quick enough on the stop button. 

3. Doesn’t automatically record on HD unless you specifically choose it unlike the old v6. 

4. No suggestions which could be handy if we missed the start of a series or program we may like. 

5. No wishlist so have to make sure we know exactly when a series is restarting or risk recording endless repeats. 

The V6 was marketed as an ‘intelligent’ box but the 360 is markedly dumb!! 

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 360 - We miss our V6!

Most of these, excluding the Wishlists are due to be fixed by future updates. Wishlists are gone for good, as it was decided they were under utilised.

There are many parallels between the V360 & SkyQ, but once you go Multiroom it actually gets worse as all boxes have to share the same disk, which is smaller than the Sky version. Sadly this is the way things seem to be going, cost cutting the recording features & placing more reliance on catch up services & the internet.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 360 - We miss our V6!

When you set a programme to be recorded, it seems like you have very little control over what gets recorded, and when.

I thought I'd set a recording for the Great British Bake Off, but instead of recording first broadcast of the next episode, on Channel 4, the box opted for a repeat later in the week. Now I have it recording correctly, but after I've watched an episode, I also seem to get repeats recorded anyway. Other programmes get the same treatment. I watch and then delete a recording, and the box records a later repeat. I've no idea why.

One gotcha I spotted is if you search for a show then click on a result in the search, you go to a sort of info screen for the series. You might, or you might not, be taken to a page for the HD broadcast of that show, particularly if it's a BBC show, where it might be offering you BBC One, BBC One HD, BBC Wales, BBC Northern Ireland... I try to make sure I'm at least starting out on the right channel, but whether that means the channel I want will be recorded or not, I don't know.

0 Kudos