Menu
RJones1980
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360 Upgrade

I recently was sent two remotes for the upgrade. Is that all this involves or was I supposed to have my 2 V6 boxes replaced too?

0 Kudos
turbine
Superfast
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 360 Upgrade

Your V6 boxes should update to the TV360, as far as I know this can be between5 - 7 days.

There might also be the upgrade option on the home screen or in the all apps area.

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Make sure you have received your text to activate the boxes before you do the upgrade, also watch any recordings you haven't already watched because the upgrade deletes everything.

0 Kudos
wardsmith
Joining in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

make sure your planned list is photographed etc because it deletes absolutely everything during the upgrade / downgrade only benifit is profiles and say it to search, no control over recording series etc from where you left off 

0 Kudos
RJones1980
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies, appreciated it. I actually knew about all this, but I was more enquiring about the hardware. So merely 2 remotes are all there is to the upgrade? I thought I read somewhere there would be a mini box which could be moved around or am I wrong?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hello

A mini box is not supplied when VM only upgrade the software within the  v6 box, also too note the mini boxes are not fully mobile as they still require a VM coaxial cable to work. To get a mini you would have too add another box onto your account and pay for it as well.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos