Menu
Barry100752
Tuning in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360 Sound Problems

I have been with virgin since it was Telewest. However in their latest update to 360 I did not realise that the system was still in its development. The updates to my TiVo boxes (2) seem to be ok although one reported an error during process but carried on an seemed to be ok at completion.Having 2 boxes seems to make fault finding easier, i.e. being able to swap kit/cables around. I have come to the conclusion that it does not like the Sony sound bar.I have swapped the TiVo boxes around but the warbling and sound delay persist. Changing sound systems around will be a bit tedious and both TV’s are 4K Sony. The problem is only on the sound bar and not my Panasonic DVD/Surround system. Have spoken to supposed virgin 360 help where they said try changing cables around and they would call back following day to check. Changing and even renewing cables did not work and guess what, they never rang back. Any suggestions ?

0 Kudos
roy247
Knows their stuff
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin 360 Sound Problems

Hi,

I had audio sync problems with my Sony amp when the setup was HDMI from the 360 to TV and the sound fed from the TV with fibre optic back to the Sony. Changed this setup to, 360 to Sony amp with HDMI and HDMI from Sony to TV.

The only audio sync setting on my Sony is either on or off and this is set to on. On the 360 I have the dolby set to follow content, there is a sound delay adjustment there as well if you need it mine is set to 0mS. Can't help with the warbling.

Hope this helps.

goodykpg
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi , had sound dropout from day 1 through sony sound bar, tried every setting , changed cables problem persists. Only solution I have is 360 to sony tv through hdmi , then optical from tv to sony sound bar , works fine but lose hdmi cec sound bar on off function. Given up trying audio sync as changes when channel hopping . Spoils otherwise some good improvements over V6 ui .

Barry100752
Tuning in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Have tried all ways and just the same. It seems as though it just doesn’t work with sound bar. Could be the only solution is replace with a new sound system !!!
0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

I too had audio sync, sound dropout and dalek effects on my audio 

I too have a Sony soundbar and Sony TV 

I got rid of all my problems by connecting 360 (ex tivo box) directly to soundbar via digital optical cable. Also hdmi from 360 box to TV.

This replaced my previous setup of hdmi from 360 to TV and hdmi (via arc sockets) from TV to soundbar

Only cec function I have lost is power off on soundbar which used to automatically turn on and off when TV or 360 box was powered on or off. I also have to connect hdmi back from TV to soundbar if I want to watch bluerays or smart TV apps in order to get sound via soundbar. But that's a minor problem as it's something I rarely do. 

0 Kudos
Barry100752
Tuning in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It may well work that way but do not want to go through separate connection route as I use a firestick and Apple TV (to put MacBook display on screen during zoom keep fit sessions for wifey) which would not then go through sound bar. I would also lose global turn on etc. It all works perfectly on my other box so why not this one. Obviously a virgin problem which they cannot fix.
awmaines
Dialled in
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

If you are having a problem with no sound on Sony TVs, check out this article:-

https://www.sony.com/electronics/support/televisions-projectors-lcd-tvs-android-/articles/00167113 

0 Kudos