Menu
Gwyman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360 Recording Playback

Can anyone tell me why when I'm trying to watch a recording which is still live (say i want to watch the chase at 17:30 - so go to saved, find the episode and click to watch from the start) -  the screen freezes constantly and you can't actually watch the thing you wanted to record?

I pressed pause on the rugby on Sunday - when i came back 10 minutes later and pressed play, it skipped a couple of minutes and kept freezing.

I've run tests on the box - it says its fine. This is a V6 flexi box with the new 360 software. We have two mini boxes, but there's been no issues with them.

Anyone else had any similar experiences with 360?

TIA,

Gary

0 Kudos
TiffanyGreen97
Superfast
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Virgin 360 Recording Playback

There is a known issue with old V6 boxes that have been updated to the TV360 platform. I would have thought this would have been resolved by now but obviously not for you. The issue is stuttering and freezing on recorded programs and when you pause TV and then play it. Could you confirm which software version you are on. The only way to fix it if your on the latest software v4.29 would be to call customer services and ask them to send an engineer with a new TV360 Humax box which does not have the issue,

Gwyman
Tuning in
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 360 Recording Playback

Thank you Tiffany,

It's running on v4.29 - the engineer who installed it was having issues getting the software on. I've since been made aware that it is happening on the miniboxes too - but i'm guessing as it's streaming the recordings from this main box which is duff, then the stuttering will pass on as well.

Looks like a call to CS to get a new box installed 🙂 YAY.

Thanks for your help

Gary
0 Kudos