cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Virgin 360 Netflix search doesn’t work

Savman
On our wavelength

Had my 360 box for almost 18 months ( still miss the old box ) .

one of the important things missed is when to a search for actor , program name etc . It brings up searches for normal tv , Amazon an YouTube but not for Netflix . I have accounts with all 3 apps . This used to work with the old TiVo box .

is there a plan get this fixed in a future version or am I doing something wrong with my search ?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts @Savman 

You can search on TV 360 for Netflix assets.

Simply hit the Home button then navigate to Search and change All to Netflix, top right.

In this example you can directly open Netflix to Breaking Bad. (Sorry, had to reduce image size to attach).

9BA66BB7-8D35-44EC-A445-A020964F541E.jpeg

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Savman wrote:

one of the important things missed is when to a search for actor , program name etc

It sounds to me like you're describing the TiVo "wishlist" search. This isn't something available on TV360 currently.

360 is not TiVo - the two platforms are completely different. 360 allows searching for content by its own methods, that TV360 users on this forum can probably assist with.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@japitts @Savman 

You can search on TV 360 for Netflix assets.

Simply hit the Home button then navigate to Search and change All to Netflix, top right.

In this example you can directly open Netflix to Breaking Bad. (Sorry, had to reduce image size to attach).

9BA66BB7-8D35-44EC-A445-A020964F541E.jpeg

Savman
On our wavelength

Thank you for this top tip.

I always thought putting in All in the search would include everything included Netflix , Amazon , tv and YouTube . 
It’s not ideal but it’s a way to solve the problem .

I wish I used this forum more often in the last year 

Savman
On our wavelength

As stated this is helpful But doesn’t work in voice search but works when typing the search and changing to search Netflix .

have I missed something or is this the case ?

Hi

I missed this when moving from V6 to 360, probably the only thing I did miss. As I use voice search all the time I didn’t ever see the drop down on the top right, so thank you for alerting me to this. It would be great if the drop down can be added when using voice search also, as someone else stated, it isn’t there when voice searching.  Or even better, combine it with the all results.

Thanks

Maxit TV
2 X TV 360 Box
M500 Fibre Broadband