Menu
mckay91
Tuning in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Virgin 360 Box Freezing

Day 4 now, Virgin 360 box freezing after 30 seconds then rebooting, then just keeps repeating this process, mini box has been working fine, apparently there is an issue in area but can't understand why mini box still works fine, is my box maybe faulty? I've tried resetting box still nothing. Anyone else had this issue?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Virgin 360 Box Freezing

Hi mckay91,

Sorry to see you're having issues with the main 360 box.

Have you tried swapping the boxes around?

That should help determine if it's a box issue (more likely) or a cabling issue.

You say there's a local fault, that will no doubt prevent an engineer visit being booked until it's fixed, however if you explain to the faults team the actions you've taken, then they should be able to order a replacement main 360

Speaking of Faults, looking at my own Service Status, and other posters recently, there's a message showing,"

We know of an issue in your area. You might find that some TV channels are freezing and going blank on your Virgin TV, V6, Virgin TV 360 or TiVo® service at the moment. We are sorry and working to resolve this as quickly as possible" - The estimated resolution date has changed to the 7th now. This fault may be affecting your signals, but I doubt that as both boxes should be affected.

If you can  sign into Check Service status at the top of this page again, it should. show any local faults and the estimated fix date, but more importantly you can also run a test against the main 360 box. By doing this VM should be able to try and connect to your box and determine what  the problem is. Sometimes this results in them sending out a replacement and/or engineer, which saves a phone call.

.If the above doesn't help then you should call  150 from a Virgin landline, or 0345 454 1111, option 2 (Faultsbut best to call between 8am and 10am to avoid call queues, or late afternoon around tea time

When calling Faults hopefully the system will recognise that you've used the online faults checker and place you into a queue for an agent to pick up.

If not and you get the automated response asking you to press 1 for the link to online support etc, ignore all the options and don't press any buttons then you should be placed into a queue and an agent should pick up the phone and resolve the problem.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Any box that's freezing and/or rebooting with any regularity - IMO - has a fault.

Without knowing what the area issue claims to be, or where you're seeing this (online status page I suspect? Or the phone line?) I would strongly suspect it has nothing to do with a box that's rebooting.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
mckay91
Tuning in
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for help.

Turned out box developed a fault and has been replaced this morning.

Alex_RM
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Great to hear it's been sorted mckay91,

Thanks for letting us know 🙂

Alex_Rm

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update mckay91,

Pleased to hear it's all working again.

Stay safe and take care.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos