cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Video quality output of Virgin set top boxes

archercj
Fibre optic

I have a Tivo Virgin set top box that was updated to 360 a fair while ago. I have it connected to my TV via HDMI.

Recently I have treated myself to a new TV (65" Oled). I know that the video quality output of the native Virgin Box (Disney+, Prime, Netflix) isnt as good as the native apps on my new Samsung TV (for example HDR10 and if I am lucky to find it HDR10+ output only shows as HDR when output through the Virgin 360 box).

Does anyone know if any of the newer boxes that Virgin supply (I reckon my 360 box is 3+ years old now) have better video output. It's not a great problem as i can switch to the aweful Tizan o/s on the Samsung and select the native apps from there, but I am curious to know if there has been any improvement with later Virgin supplied boxes.. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's no functional difference between a TV360 that was formerly a V6, and one that was installed as TV360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's no functional difference between a TV360 that was formerly a V6, and one that was installed as TV360.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks