TheReal-AHS
Joining in

I have a new TV360 and I want remove the paired TV and Audio system

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Remove the soundbar physically before trying to change the settings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I presume it can be done in ‘Pair remote with devices’ in the AUDIO & VIDEO SETTINGS.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Yes I have, but want to remove the sound bar as it’s causing issues on power on

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Remove the soundbar physically before trying to change the settings.

I know this is marked as resolved, but I don't see how.

Has anyone actually ever done this?

Even with the HDMI to my receiver disconnected from the TV I have no way to unpair it. The TV 360 box does a search, then without any indication of what happened the previously selected model is shown.
At best I could try pretending some other device is connected. That's just dumb though.

Unfortunately the installer set it up without me being there.
My TV turns the receiver on when I want to use it, so I really don't need the TV 360 box interfering.

roy247
Community elder

@gaima wrote:

I know this is marked as resolved, but I don't see how.

Has anyone actually ever done this?

Even with the HDMI to my receiver disconnected from the TV I have no way to unpair it. The TV 360 box does a search, then without any indication of what happened the previously selected model is shown.
At best I could try pretending some other device is connected. That's just dumb though.

Unfortunately the installer set it up without me being there.
My TV turns the receiver on when I want to use it, so I really don't need the TV 360 box interfering.

It isn't really showing as being resolved, just showing you have had a  "Helpful Answer".

If you disconnect the receiver try doing a factory reset on the 360 to see if that works, you can select the option to keep your recordings, you may need to also do a factory reset of you remote.

Press and hold the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds which will factory reset the TV 360 remote. After the factory reset, try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds and it should now force pairing.