cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VT360

peterd50
Tuning in

I've recently installed TV 360 and now find that BBC iPlayer wants me to sign in with a new access code every time.  Surely this should be a one time process, as previously.  How can I avoid having to log in with a new code every time I want to view iPlayer of listen to BBC Sounds?  

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Assuming your 360 is set to fast start or active start and not turned off at the plug you shouldn't need to sign in every time but there seems to be a few users who are having similar problems, what version software is your 360 running, you can check by going to Settings > Info.

I am still on version 4.43 and don't have this problem.

You could also try rebooting the box by turning the power off and on with either the switch on the back of the box or at the plug to see if that make any difference.

If that doesn't work you could try a factory reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

Assuming your 360 is set to fast start or active start and not turned off at the plug you shouldn't need to sign in every time but there seems to be a few users who are having similar problems, what version software is your 360 running, you can check by going to Settings > Info.

I am still on version 4.43 and don't have this problem.

You could also try rebooting the box by turning the power off and on with either the switch on the back of the box or at the plug to see if that make any difference.

If that doesn't work you could try a factory reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links you've set up, but you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

Thank you - rebooting one set box (I have two) worked for both.  BBC iPlayer now recognises my user name and no longer requires me to repeatedly enter codes.  Also, for that matter, Netflix started more smoothly - it previously froze.  A factory reset was not needed.  Appreciated.     

Thanks for the update peterd50 and glad to hear the reboot resolved the issue across both boxes.

If you need us in the future, please don't hesitate to get in touch.

Rob

I'm still getting this problem - not every time but once or twice a week, BBC iPlayer locks me out and wants me to log in with a new six digit code.  My set box is version 4.45, recently updated.  How can I stop this nuisance please? 

Thanks for coming back to us peterd50 and I'm sorry that the VT360 issues have returned for you. 

I have tried to look into this but have been unable to communicate with your box from here, please can you confirm that your TV box is turned on?

Kind Regards,

Steven_L