cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM TV box. No video and audio signals when TV is in online mode

Acus_1984
Tuning in

Starting this morning (July 23), my TV hasn't been working properly. Yesterday it worked.

I can see the channels on my TV (see the below screenshot), and I can switch channels. However, there are no video or audio output signals - just a black screen.

Acus_1984_0-1690131118113.jpeg

All other TV features work as expected, e.g., Netflix, Youtube, etc. I can even watch the ongoing TV shows from the beginning, but when I return to the Live mode - black screen.

I would really appreciate it if someone could help to resolve this issue.

Thaks.

15 REPLIES 15

Acus_1984
Tuning in

Starting this morning my VM TV box hasn't been working properly.

I can see the channels (see the below screenshot), I can switch channels, but there are no 

Acus_1984_0-1690130761585.jpeg

roy247
Superstar

Hi Acus_1984,

You need to check your white coax connections going to the 360 box from I assume a cable splitter because that has the live TV feeds, the guide and apps all run from the network connection to the box.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you view OnDemand programmes?

If, as I suspect, the answer is yes, then you're describing a loss of the incoming co-ax signal to your TV360. It is this which carries the broadcast TV channels whereas all other content is internet-sourced. Your home-hub provides that connection, whether over Ethernet or WiFi.

I'm surprised there isn't an error code on the linear channels, though.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

After checking all coaxial connections for tightness from the box to the wall socket, try an old-fashioned reboot of the box.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

Thanks for your comment. I've just checked this cable - it seems like everything is connected fine. 

Acus_1984_0-1690136229371.png

Do you know if there is any way to check the connection / co-ax signal status? 

Thanks for your prompt reply.

Yes, I can view on demand programmes - I checked it on a couple of channels and everything worked. The only issue is with online / Live mode. 

I've just checked this co-ax connection and didn't find any noticeable issues. I wonder if there is a way to check the connection status. 

Go to Settings, System, Diagnostics and see what the signal strength reports. I assume that is the coax connection as the internet connection is shown separately.

watercooled
Superfast

This can be caused by what appears to be some sort of HDCP error, I have a similar problem myself from time to time. At first I thought it might have been a bad HDMI cable so replaced but didn't solve the issue. Unplugging other devices such as fire stick seems to greatly reduce the frequency of it occurring so it could be caused by electrical noise interfering somehow. AV equipment is increasingly double insulated (no Earth connection) which may not help in this regard.

Fully power cycling the TV (i.e unplugging, not just putting in standby) restores the picture when it happens.

Thanks for the advice. Checked and it seems everything is fine.

Acus_1984_0-1690208853022.png

Acus_1984_1-1690208867244.png