cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

VM IPTV stick - available tomorrow

oxfordmark
Superfast

This from @VMO2News on Twitter

NEWS: Our new entertainment service, Stream from @VirginMedia, launches tomorrow. Stream brings together entertainment subscriptions & traditional live TV with fuss-free 30-day contracts – all underpinned by our unparalleled connectivity. Read more

https://bit.ly/3keD2oh https://pic.twitter.com/kGjExj2psw

It includes a Disney+ app! Will we see a 360 version coming soon?
24 REPLIES 24

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

They needed a response to the launch of Sky Glass. Does about the same with your existing TV.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

I think I will persevere with a firestick max and IPTV but thanks anyway lol

This definitely sounds like a great option if you ask me.

More info here:

Virgin Media rivals Sky with a brand new and affordable way to watch TV | Express.co.uk 

and here : Stream-from-Virgin-Media-Pack.pdf (virginmediao2.co.uk)

Other than not being able to record stuff, I don't see anything not to like! 

Its almost worth cancelling my TV subscription altogether!!

EDIT - Wow, this IS expensive:

deans6571_0-1650984481115.png

deans6571_1-1650984513604.png

That's almost £60 a month right there just for those 2 channels (which I have now anyway).....!??! 😮

Maybe I'll stick with my 360 then. 😆

@deans6571 wrote:

This definitely sounds like a great option if you ask me.

More info here:

Virgin Media rivals Sky with a brand new and affordable way to watch TV | Express.co.uk 

and here : Stream-from-Virgin-Media-Pack.pdf (virginmediao2.co.uk)

Other than not being able to record stuff, I don't see anything not to like! 

Its almost worth cancelling my TV subscription altogether!!

EDIT - Wow, this IS expensive:

deans6571_0-1650984481115.png

deans6571_1-1650984513604.png

That's almost £60 a month right there just for those 2 channels (which I have now anyway).....!??! 😮

Maybe I'll stick with my 360 then. 😆

Thats 13 channels not 2, and I belive this service will be for none cabled areas! 

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Royalbeech wrote:Thats 13 channels not 2, and I belive this service will be for none cabled areas! 

Hi @Royalbeech 

The service won't work in non cabled areas. 

You need to take broadband from VM to access the services.

From Digital-life/Stream-our-new-flexible-entertainment-service 

David Bouchier, Chief TV & Entertainment Officer at Virgin Media O2, said:

'At launch, Stream is available to both new and existing customers who take a Virgin Media broadband only or broadband and home phone package,'

Who is Stream available to?

Stream is available to customers with M50 Fibre Broadband or above and those with Broadband & Home Phone.

Stream is currently not available to customers who already have a Virgin TV service. It’s also not available for Virgin Media Essential broadband customers.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

'At launch, Stream is available to both new and existing customers who take a Virgin Media broadband only or broadband and home phone package,'

Who is Stream available to?

Stream is available to customers with M50 Fibre Broadband or above and those with Broadband & Home Phone.

Stream is currently not available to customers who already have a Virgin TV service. It’s also not available for Virgin Media Essential broadband customers.

So if it's not available for customers that already have TV etc, they better give us an update overnight so we get the same apps, especially Disney +

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Will Disney+ be coming to Virgin TV 360?

We’re working with Disney to bring it to 360 shortly. We’ll let customers know when we have a confirmed date for this.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

@Royalbeech wrote:

So if it's not available for customers that already have TV etc, they better give us an update overnight so we get the same apps, especially Disney +

If you already have Disney + on your TV use that, fair enough wanting the app if not on your TV already but it won't be free, not unless you take out a new contract after a certain date and if it's goes as smoothly as the Netflix offer has gone. 🤔

@newapollo wrote:

Will Disney+ be coming to Virgin TV 360?

We’re working with Disney to bring it to 360 shortly. We’ll let customers know when we have a confirmed date for this.

Why are you working on this? This should be a simple firmware update, the streaming software is the same as the 360 firmware, this should happen tomorrow. Unless it's going to be fully integrated, so programs show up in searches and are able to be added to the watchlist etc.. Then a small delay will be acceptable.