Menu
Dalems
Joining in
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6

We have just moved in to our first home and brought a new tv (Samsung smart tv - QE50Q60T) and signed up with Virgin and have the new v6 box.

i am trying to pair the Samsung universal remote to work with virgin but it doesn’t seem to be working. I have tried entering the model number too etc and no luck on multiple try’s 

help pls?!?

0 Kudos
Dalems
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: Samsung universal remote & new V6 box

• Hi everyone

My girlfriend and I have just moved into our first home. We have just got a new Samsung smart tv (QE50Q60T) and have the new v6 box but I can’t seem to pair the Samsung universal remote with the Virgin box?

I have tried pairing this manually, entering the model number and make as Arris (the manufacturer listed in the back) but still no luck.. any ideas? 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6

Are you sure you have a V6? Not a V360?

Check here if you're not sure

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Dalems
Joining in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

You are right sorry it’s a v360.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

360 Samung remote codes

@Dalems 

No problem, I suspect as much

I've moved your post to the 360 board and changed the subject line. I can't help with the query, but I'm sure others will be along who can.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Cmccabe1983
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I don’t have 360 yet but I do have a V6 box with Samsung smart remote. 

Is your V6 box unobstructed? The Sam remote works by infrared so needs to have an unobstructed line of sight to the box, it seems very temperamental and the slightest thing in the way stops the signal. 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I'm not sure if this will work with the Samsung remote, or if the Samsung remote has the same options, but you could try the following:-

The 360 is compatible with the Harmony Remote - and needs to be set up as a Ziggo Media box Next

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos