Menu
sorethumbs
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 (x2) to 360

Quick question - currently 2 V6 Boxes (lounge & bedroom)

If I get upgraded to 360 I get a new 360 main box and the smaller 360 mini

Am I able to keep the bedroom V6 so I can have a 3rd room to use the 'Mini' in?

0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 (x2) to 360

Hello

No you will not as now the software is being sent direct too your boxes via on online update and sent by post two new remote's. As a side note when the update comes through everything is wiped from the box i.e. recordings and series links.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
sorethumbs
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi Mike
So the V6 will be upgraded without being replaced. So I will still have a second V6, does that get upgraded too.
I'm just trying to ascertain if I have 2 boxes currently will I be able to use this mini 360 streaming box in a 3rd room
0 Kudos
DJ_Shadow1966
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hello

If you upgrade it will be both boxes at the same time, if you want to get a mini you would have too add another box to you account and have a coaxial cable fitted. Yes you can use a mini as well as both v360.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

At the moment you cannot upgrade the existing Arris V6 boxes to the Horizon platform. If you do it now, Virgin will replace your Arris boxes with Humax boxes (which are Horizon only) & you will lose half your storage as only one box will have a hard drive, with the second being only able to stream recordings or watch live TV. Live pause will also be restricted to 10 minutes on the mini box.

From next year existing V6 customers will be able to have their Arris kit upgraded to Horizon AND keep all the existing hard disk space (but not any stored programmes) on however many boxes they have.

VM BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Customer since 1993

0 Kudos
aquatarkus
On our wavelength
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

well that's different to whats been said on here previously and to what other have already done, their V6 boxes have had the firmware update to the new horizon firmware.
Your now saying that that's not possible until next year, so who's correct you or the people who have had their boxes updated?
is this another case of the left hand not knowing what the right hand is doing, a very common Virgin problem.
0 Kudos
BenMcr
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

There are two things that have happened recently

The first customer pilot replaced any existing TV kit with the new customer experience which is 1 main HDD box and any additional boxes are the 360 mini boxes.

There is now another customer pilot. That is where some existing customers with V6 boxes are being offered an upgrade where the boxes are converted to 360.

Both of these are invite only.

As yet there hasn't been confirmation as to which option will be available for existing customers for the 360 when it becomes a normal upgrade that you can ask for.
I work for Virgin Media - but all opinions posted here are my own