Menu
Bigz21
Joining in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 wont update cs1011

Can anyone help me !

I upgraded to virgin 360 and today recieved my 2 controllers in the post today and then started the upgrade.

Now it's not working I'm getting an error code on CS1011 Was on and off the phone for 7 hours today to no result only to be told an engineer visit on 16/4/21 so now have 3 days of no TV.

Can anyone help ? 

Thanks 

Steve 

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 wont update cs1011

Hi Steve,

Is that one, or both boxes not working?

There was an influx of customers at the beginning of February with the CS1011 error.

This was due to a national activation error. 

The TV360 (and V6 upgrades to 360) should be automatically activated.

You could try the automated activation line 0800 953 9500 and have your account and area number, and box serial number handy.

Support page  virgin-tv-error-codes/cs1011-contactus  shows it's an account retrieval error, this may just be a system error which might be able to be rectified  over the phone rather than sending an engineer.

If the Activation line didn't work I would call 150 from a Virgin landline  or 0345 4541111 from any other phone and select either the new accounts and set up option, or faults.

It's scant consolation but you could use the TV GO app in the meantime.https://www.virginmedia.com/help/services-support/apps 

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
Bigz21
Joining in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I currently have 2 boxes but one is not set up at the moment.

The main box in the family living room has this code.

I just tried the self activation line and just puts me through to main virgin media.

Been on the phone for several hours today and no result which is why they are sending an engineer out they keep taking my box serial number down but nothing.

Maybe it's an migration issue but I do believe an engineer will have the v6 boxes on board with the new software on already but again have to wait 3 days.

What I did notice is when I do a status check online it says my boxes are offline when they are on and the serial numbers just end in 0000 instead of the last 4 digits that it should be.

Any other suggestions ? 

Do you think it's worth a try contacting them again tomorrow and seeing if anyone else can resolve this issue? 

Cheers

Steve 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@Bigz21 wrote:

Been on the phone for several hours today and no result which is why they are sending an engineer out they keep taking my box serial number down but nothing.

What I did notice is when I do a status check online it says my boxes are offline when they are on and the serial numbers just end in 0000 instead of the last 4 digits that it should be.

Do you think it's worth a try contacting them again tomorrow and seeing if anyone else can resolve this issue? 

I wouldn't hold masses of store by the online status check or serial numbers, that's not uncommon. There would certainly be no harm in calling again and seeing if another agent can spot something the previous one didn't... but if you've got an engineer visit arranged, that wouldn't have been done "for no reason" as it were.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hello Bigz21

Thanks for bringing this to our attention 

Sorry you have had to though.  

I can see we have had an engineer booked in for today

Can you please let us know how this visit goes 

Gareth_L

0 Kudos
Bigz21
Joining in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Hi there 

Engineer has been and now all resolved my main box was faulty and the other reason why the other boxes wasn't working was because I have 2 v6 boxes and on the 360 it will only work with 1 v6 and 1 v6 mini.

Thanks again for all your help 

Steve 

0 Kudos
Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the update Steve

Glad its all up and running for you 

Sorry again for the delay and issues you have had