Menu
stublee
Dialled in
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 upgrade to TV360

I currently have 200mb broadband and basic TV package - TV being second set in bedroom as I have SKY for the main TV in lounge . I have SKY mainly for sport and also prefer their platform but now VM has the new 360 I thought I would give it a try to see if it is  equal or better now than SKY ?  I currently have a V6 box but on checking the VM sales chap told me I would need to change it as well as the 360 remote which I didn't understand as I thought the V6 box I had could be upgraded with the necessary software etc. I was not prepared to pay extra for the new box so in the end he agreed to send out a new box but only charge me £24.95 for the new remote .  Today I didn't receive a new box but a Hub 3 ! My current one is a Hub 2 .  

Questions :-  Was this a mistake and my current V6 is able to be upgraded to TV 360 ?  

Will my Hub 2 work with TV 360 or do I need the Hub 3 ?

0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V6 upgrade to TV360

Hi stublee,

Earlier this week Forum Staff confirmed you need a bub 3 for the TV360.

The V6 box can be upgraded over the air to a 360 via a software update.

If you receive a new remote that will be used as part of the update process to convert the V6 to a TV 360

If you receive the new remote and don't update your V6 box by pressing on the update app then it will automatically update itself after 7 days.

You will lose all your series links and recordings as it's a new operating system and formats the hard drive. So if you do regrade you had better make a note of any important series links.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
leatherpantslad
Tuning in
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

We have just got it, I can say, I don't mind it. I feel it is a lot more futuristic than Tivo and defiantly faster and with the mic in the remote, it really works well.
I love having the different profile feature, like Netflix, it is then tailored to you.
This is, finally a contender to Sky Q as TV 360 is essentially Sky Q but with better, faster features. 

If you have specific questions on what services there are and how they work, please ask, 

Jamie
stublee
Dialled in
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for reply . Just to point out it wasn't forum staff that informed me it was done on chat on the VM site. I understood him to say I would need a new box and he didn't mention a hub upgrade . As I am getting consistent 200 mb speed on Hub2 without any problems .. why is it necessary for hub 3 ? Will TV 360 not work with what I have ? Does the V6 box go into upgrade mode when it is switched on by the new remote then ?
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I don't know why a hub 3 is needed, hopefully a member of the Forum Staff can answer that for you.

The upgrade is straightforward, there should be a one page leaflet with the 360 remote with instructions (picture of instructions below)

The upgrade app should appear on your home screen the same day you receive the new remote (although some people have found it in their All Apps folder)

There's plenty of information including how to upgrade the V6, how to use the new remote, voice control, and recording with the 360 on  <<< this page >>> 

360 upgrade360 upgrade

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
stublee
Dialled in
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for that Dave ... no instructions in Box ! I know that the Hub 3 had issues originally and hope that by now they are sorted . I've been quite happy with hub 2 and of the opinion that if it aint broke why fix it ! But if I have to replace it with hub 3 to get TV360 I'll have to ..... just wanted to know why that is ?
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

The instructions for the upgrade were printed on the inside cover of the remote control box when I upgraded.

I afraid don't know the ins and outs of the need for the hub3, but am hopeful someone will be able to tell us.

Dave

0 Kudos