cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 to V6-360

vengeanceuk
Dialled in

Hi, i have recently renewed my contract (saving a fortune in the process), with it came a "free" upgrade from v6 to v360 via a remote delivery and an over the air software update.

I received the pack and commenced setup, following all the guidelines.

The OTA kept failing giving an error message of "M1A/4/30", so i rebooted ALL the equipment, AGAIN and upon trying to apply the update it informed me that the initial update had failed and had to come back later.

I figured at a reach, seeing as the update deletes everything stored on the box, i'd go into the menus and perform a manual full reset and reboot of the tivo, Lo and behold, the update actually started to kick in, it upgraded itself and now works fine.

The issue is however with the upstairs v6 box, i tried to follow the instructions and start the update OTA on that box also. I was greeted with another error message broadly stating that another box on my network had already started the update, so this box couldnt receive the OTA update.

So, being "clever" i figured, maybe if i do the manual reset trick on this box, it will also work.

HOW WRONG WAS I!!!

The box now looks like its doing the reset, even showing the download icon for the software, until it gets to the page where it says its deleting all the existing programs and may take a few minutes. All is looking good, right? Well that splash screen stays up for about 5 seconds then the whole v6 box shuts down and restarts the whole procedure again!

So i swap the upstairs and downstairs tivos, just to make sure its not a cabling issue, the lounge one, works fine in the bedroom and the bedroom one is doing exactly the same in the lounge.

So i assume this v6 box is bricked / stuck in reboot "reset" procedure and requires replacing.

Any help appreciated

I DON'T work for Virgin Media - All opinions I post here are my own based on best guess and learning from previous experience methodology. If you just want to say thanks > click 'kudos' +☆ If this has also helped answer your question > click 'helpful answer'
1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @vengeanceuk,

Thanks for your update on this - sorry to hear things still aren't working. I'm going to drop you a private message so we can look into getting this resolved.

You can find my PM in the top-right, purple envelope.

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @vengeanceuk 

You could try the following..

Turn off the V6 at the switch;  then on the V6 box  hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time.

Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds.

The box should reboot, the power button will turn blue, and it fingers crossed it will reset and boot up normally, allowing you to process the regrade to 360

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

hi there,

thanks for the advice,

ive tried this a few times since reading your message,

sadly i've been unable to obtain this blue light, the only lights ive seen were a murky white / yellow and an orange?

i'm technicalogically adept and am following the instructions as per listed, but no blue lights.

is there any other way to forcibly reset these units?

or do i need a box swap?

Thanks in advance

I DON'T work for Virgin Media - All opinions I post here are my own based on best guess and learning from previous experience methodology. If you just want to say thanks > click 'kudos' +☆ If this has also helped answer your question > click 'helpful answer'

actually scrap the above, i left it to do its thing after giving up after the 6th attempt
lo and behold its rebooted back into the v6 1st time menu ui,
BUT, there was no blue light, but at least there's hope yet? lol

well i have a normal V6 tivo, seemingly working again, but the update to 360 keeps failing,

it says:
Installation in progress

Your upgrade to Virgin TV 360 for the household
was triggered on another box. Once the new 
software is downloaded onto this box it will
restart automatically and without further
warning.
Take care not to interrupt the installation. Best
not to touch anything!

(error MA1/2)
Quit

I'll leave it for a couple of hours whilst i am out with the daughter at her football practise
and see what does, or doesn't occur

Hi there @vegenanceuk

Thank you so much for your post and welcome back to the forums! 

I'm so sorry to hear you have been facing these issues with your V6 migration to 360!

Can I ask how the second box is looking now that its been a few days since your last post? 

Thanks again.

Hi @Ashleigh_C

the second box still hasn't / won't upgrade by itself as its supposed to nor when i try to perform a manual upgrade!

and when i try to use any of the quick launches, at the top of the home page, it thinks about it for a few seconds, then bounces back to the home screen.

i think its goosed / borked in my professional opinion

Hi vengeanceuk,

Thank you for reaching back out, as the box is currently a V6 awaiting the 360 upgrade have you first tried pressing Home, Settings, network then select connect to the Virgin Media Network now, if fails can you try plugging in a Ethernet cable, try swapping the 2 boxes around as the other upgraded no problem.

Regards

Paul.

hi @Paul_DN,

Network connect has been tried and succeeds every time attempted, v6 still refuses to upgrade.
When i had my original troubles, i have already swapped the boxes around, to get this broken one onto where the other successfully upgraded, but it still hasnt fixed it.

i do genuinely believe this box will never update as it should as is borked and requires replacement, if this could be facilitated it would be very much appreciated

as an addendum, i have run a network cable from box to router just now,
connected to the network AND,........
Nothing, exactly the same lol