Menu
John_Cranmer
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 7
Flag for a moderator

V6 to 360 with two boxes - working ??

Has anyone had a two V6 box system "upgraded" to 360 and kept all the functions fully working. 

ie. Search, Box sets, and being able to see one box from the other plus others.  

It all worked perfectly with the two box V6 system - nothing works now.

John

0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 2 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 to 360 with two boxes - working ??

Yes I had two v6 boxes upgraded over the air to 360 beginning of December. Everything works as it should. Very happy with the new system 

0 Kudos
John_Cranmer
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 7
Flag for a moderator

So you kept both V6 boxes and the 2 TB of storage.  I do not understand why Virgin are saying they could not do that for me - They just do not want to know and as for anyone ringing back - forget it.

John

0 Kudos
LoneSpeaker
Up to speed
Message 4 of 7
Flag for a moderator

I too have had my 2 V6 boxes upgraded to TV360 - and yes, I kept the 2TB of storage,

This upgrade path is only by invitation and I think they stopped inviting people when the last emails went out in November.

0 Kudos
tafrock
Up to speed
Message 5 of 7
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have 2tb storage across both boxes. Both boxes stay connected and all recordings accessible on both boxes unlike when they were v6. Connection was temperamental then 

0 Kudos
jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 6 of 7
Flag for a moderator

@tafrock wrote:

Yes I have 2tb storage across both boxes. Both boxes stay connected and all recordings accessible on both boxes unlike when they were v6. Connection was temperamental then 

Likewise. The same for me. I find the connection between the 2 boxes more stable too

Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1
Wifi Plus
VM Telly Tablet
John_Cranmer
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 7
Flag for a moderator

It has got worse

Virgin have just swapped the two V6 TiVo boxes for a 360 plus a mini.  It appeared OK at first but when we go to saved recordings all the old ones on the Tivo boxes are still showing.  Of course we cannot see them as the boxes are in the back of the engineers van but we also cannot delete them as the boxes are "off line".  Of course the F****** are.  I do not understand how this happened.

To make matters much worse if there was a series recording set on the old boxes we cannot set a new recording AND we cannot watch any episode when it is being shown on line.  

And of course tech support is no help. 

John

0 Kudos