cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 to 360 upgrade

Gary3977
Joining in

Tryed upgrading my V6 to 360 remote I want through now it says no signal on my tv

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The stages of converting from TiVo/V6 to 360 are, after requesting the migration,

1: Receive new remote in post

2: Click on the "upgrade to 360 now" icon in the V6 menu

3: Install new software and ditch your old remote.

Which stage are you at? "No signal" on your TV, if not accompanied by an error code, means your TV is reporting no video input - it's not an error code generated by your VM TV box.

If the TV has no video input, then one of two things is happening.. 1: The incorrect input is selected on your TV remote, 2: The TV box (whether in V6 or TV360 variant) isn't producing a video output. Video output being lost during the conversion is rare.

With all this in mind, can you explain what's happened and what's happening now? That'll enable the best help to be offered.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

John_GS
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Gary3977

Thanks for posting and welcome to the community.

Have you sorted this upgrade since posting? From the system check everything looks fine but the 360 is turned off so not able to run tests.

Let me know if you need further assistance.

Best,

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill

All sorted now

@japitts wrote:

2: Click on the "upgrade to 360 now" icon in the V6 menu

Can I just ask a question regarding point 2 above…….

On my V6 converted 360, when I go to the Apps section and then look under the ‘For You’ section,  I still have an app tile which says ‘Virgin TV 360 Upgrade’ ?! 

Why would this be showing if I have already updated to 360 ?!

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@deans6571 

Press it. I did.

It’s about upgrading your TV bundle.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks