Menu
Neilis47
Tuning in
Message 1 of 18
Flag for a moderator

V6 to 360 upgrade.

No message to upgrade on my box. Have called support and 24 hours later, as stated, and still the same. No catchup, on demand or apps. What does it take to get sorted ?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 to 360 upgrade.

When and how did you order the migration?

From the sounds of it, your box is still working as a V6? You've mentioned "no message to upgrade" and "no catchup, on demand or apps". Those are different issues, on the face of it.

Can you clarify?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Neilis47
Tuning in
Message 3 of 18
Flag for a moderator

That's right they are two problems, but the update was suggested as the fix for the catch up and apps fault.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Have you received new remotes for the upgrade to 360?

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Neilis47
Tuning in
Message 5 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Yes, new remote delivered.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 18
Flag for a moderator

Reading your post again, are you saying that apart from not seeing the 360 app to update your box, you also have no access to  catchup and on demand services and no apps  at all?

Is the EPG populated correctly, or are a lot of channels saying to be announced?

If so it sounds like you may have lost your internet connection to the V6 and you need to reconnect to the network

Home - Help and Settings - Settings - Network - Connect to the Virgin Media service now

Doing that may force push the upgrade app, which should either appear on the main screen or in the All Apps folder.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 7 of 18
Flag for a moderator

@Neilis47 wrote:

That's right they are two problems, but the update was suggested as the fix for the catch up and apps fault.

What was the problem with your OnDemand & apps?

Migrating your software to 360 is certainly one way of potentially resolving them, but without knowing what the issues are...

Regardless, if you've requested a software change, that can't be reverted. What happens when you try to use OnDemand?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
Neilis47
Tuning in
Message 8 of 18
Flag for a moderator

They are either greyed out or it says try later v210

0 Kudos
Neilis47
Tuning in
Message 9 of 18
Flag for a moderator

It's connected, EPG populated, tried restarting and all things like that.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 10 of 18
Flag for a moderator

That sounds an account-related issue, V210 isn't usually connectivity related although there's always a first time for everything.

Quite why anyone would suggest a migration to 360 to resolve this is beyond me, but all the same, it's done now.

If the EPG updates are completing every 6 hours (from the network connections screen) then there's probably not much more self-service can do to progress this, and you'll need VM intervention.

It's entirely possible that the 5day (IIRC) timer from the 360 remotes arriving, to your migration being forced, is also causing further complications. I'd suggest either calling VM or waiting for them to respond on here - but that may take another day or so.

Edited to add that if you aren't able to get this resolved by phone, post back here and we can flag your case to VM staff if necessary.