Menu
SkipperOdyssey
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 10
Flag for a moderator

V6 boxes supplied rather than 360 boxes for Oomph!!???

Hi,

I am about to be upgraded to Virgin Oomph and I was expecting a V360 box but I have been told that I won't be receiving this as they are out of stock and I would receive a V6 box in it's place.  Obviously I am not too happy about this.  I have also been informed that if I want a 360 when they are available, I would have to pay for it along with a setup fee!  

Has anyone else had this problem and if so have you managed to get around it?

I was really looking forward to the new 360 boxes (Multiroom) and not sure what I would miss out on apart from the slim design and some other features.

Feel really let down by Virgin especially as the cancelled my initial appointment and then re-instated it by TEXT message a couple of days later after I cancelled my annual leave. 😞

Sorry for the rambling but why is the Customer Service from Virgin so rubbish?  It never gets any better but I stay with them because the Broadband speed is the best I can get.

Thanks for listening 🙂

0 Kudos
Richw1982
Up to speed
Message 2 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 boxes supplied rather than 360 boxes for Oomph!!???

To be honest I feel the V6 has more features and storage anyway.  360 is a bit of a downgrade

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 3 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Interesting that you have been sent V6 box instead of 360 and told the 360 is out of stock because many of use have had the opposite issue.

The case that you would be charged is incorrect also the V6 boxes are essentially the same box they just need to be pair with 360 remote control and have the software changed by an update.

Could you confirm which remote control you have been supplied with out of the following pics.

360 Remote360 RemoteTiVo RemoteTiVo Remote

If I've helped please let me know 🙂 Matt

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....
Gigabit 5G Vodafone 5G EE BQM Hub 4 BQM Hub 3 BQM Hitron CGNV4 BQM TT BQM

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
SkipperOdyssey
On our wavelength
Message 4 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Hi Matt,

Thanks for your reply.  I have not received the items yet and was told all this by Customer Services so I will just have to see what Tuesday brings.

So if I get given a V6 box in the place of a 360 Mini box, will I miss out on anything that the 360 Mini's can do or will it just be a physical design difference only?  I know the software will be upgraded on my one and only current V6 box and assume they will pair a 360 remote to it and provide a new remote for the new v6 box?

Appreciate your comments.

Thanks

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 5 of 10
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

If I'm honest the V6 boxes are far better with features currently, and the the 360 Mini doesn't have a hard drive so relies on main box for recordings and also the mini box cannot live pause for more than a few minutes so your much better off with the V6 boxes.

However to be told this on the phone I wouldn't take it very seriously, worst case is you end up as lucky as this guy https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/New-boxes-and-I-can-record-to-both/td-p/4594900

A 10+ Year Virgin Media veteran, been here through the Up's and the Down's and Down's....

Technical Support - AV & Networking - Customer Service - Finance - Culinary - Construction
0 Kudos
Aaron2
Well-informed
Message 6 of 10
Flag for a moderator

In all honesty you'll have the same, the 360 mini has no storage and can only pause live TV for 5-20minutes (I believe) whereas the V6 can do it for a lot longer due to the fact it has storage. 
The Mini has no storage which means you'll have 500GB per box (essentially) as they share storage whereas V6 boxes have their own Hard drives thus giving you 2TB. In terms of feature differences, other than personalised profiles, voice search, a new UI(which existing V6's will eventually be given the opportunity to upgrade to anyway) there's not much of a difference other than it being in-house Virgin instead of third party such as TiVo. 
Specs are identical.

** I work for VirginMedia but all opinions posted here are my own.
SkipperOdyssey
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the info. 🙂
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 8 of 10
Flag for a moderator

It's not clear whether you have TiVo/V6 currently, or are a new TV customer.

But as has already been mentioned, you can multiroom stream on V6 extremely well - V360 has some new functionality (voice control & profiles seems to be the big ones), but does have functionality missing that is on the TiVo/V6 platform.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
SkipperOdyssey
On our wavelength
Message 9 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Thank you. Does the new V6 box have the Profiles and Voice control with the software upgrade?

0 Kudos
JitteryPinger
Super solver
Message 10 of 10
Flag for a moderator

Yes

0 Kudos