Menu
gargery14
Joining in
Message 1 of 17
Flag for a moderator

V6 box sold out

I've been trying for a few months to get my tv upgraded to the 360 box I'm paying for in my contract. The problem seems to be that the box I have now is too old and I need the V6 TiVo one first. I've tried multiple times to get one sent out to me only for the person on the phone to say there's an error and it can't be done. Last time I was told the V6 box is sold out and one would be sent when available. Is this true? I've not seen anything about this online.

0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 box sold out

Removed by user. 

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 17
Flag for a moderator

First thing's first... which box do you have? You've referred to a "V6 TiVo", but there's no such thing. You either have a V6 or a TiVo - and the advice on how to migrate to 360, does depend on which you have.

A swap from V6 > 360 is often just a SW download, but the TiVo box isn't capable of running the Horizon/360 software.

And you're not "paying" for any particular software platform as such. If you want to migrate to 360 that's fine - but if you already have a TiVo or V6 it's entirely optional.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
gargery14
Joining in
Message 4 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Right so I think I have a TiVo box and need the V6 to migrate to 360. I've been told the V6 is sold out. I may not be paying for 360 but I am paying for 2 boxes capable of running it and currently have 0. Been on this contract since October.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 5 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Do you have broadband with Virgin?

Neither the V6 or the TV360 will work with any other isp.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 17
Flag for a moderator

You can check which box you have here 

If you have TiVo then yes, you'll need a box-swap as the V6 & 360 use the same hardware but are otherwise different. And V6 & 360 both need VM broadband, unlike the TiVo.

There are some equipment shortages in some areas at the moment, and stock is sometimes being reserved for fault swaps - this may be what you're getting.

And purely by advice, although the choice is ultimately yours - make sure you genuinely want 360 before changing. Functionally, the TiVo platform (which both TOO & V6 use) currently has some advantages over 360. The new software has some features like profiles and voice control - but I'm suggesting you choose the migration because you want to.

A change to 360 is a one-way trip which can't be reverted.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

0 Kudos
gargery14
Joining in
Message 7 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Looking at those pictures i already have a V6 so why am I being told my box is too old to f9r TV 360? Very confusing. Does that mean the mini box is the thing thats sold out.

Thanks for the advice, what I want is a 2nd box to watch on my 4k tv upstairs. Guess I don't need 360 for that.

0 Kudos
gargery14
Joining in
Message 8 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Yes I have virgin broadband.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 9 of 17
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@gargery14 wrote:

Thanks for the advice, what I want is a 2nd box to watch on my 4k tv upstairs. Guess I don't need 360 for that.

No, you dont - V6 & 360 support 4K UHD. And also be aware - if you have multi-room boxes with V6, all the boxes have hard drives. 360 multi-room boxes are minis that don't have HDD's. They share the main box hard drive.

0 Kudos
roy247
Problem sorter
Message 10 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@gargery14 wrote:

Looking at those pictures i already have a V6 so why am I being told my box is too old to f9r TV 360? Very confusing. Does that mean the mini box is the thing thats sold out.

So at the moment you only have one V6 box running TiVo software is what I understand. I could be wrong on this but if you want to add a second box it maybe you have to have a mini box, I don't think they are adding second V6 boxes running Tivo software. This would then require an ' upgrade ' to 360.

Also do you have a Virgin coax connection where you want the second box, it needs coax and a network connection either by ethernet or wifi. If you don't have a coax connection you will need one installing and this maybe a problem with Virgin's current covid rules.

What have you actually been paying for since October.

0 Kudos