cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 TV box fan noise

Pazza76
On our wavelength

My 5 year old V6 tv box has just started making an irritating fan noise probably just due to wear and tear. 
How do I go about replacing this ?

Thanks

Parrish 

8 REPLIES 8

roy247
Community elder

If it is the fan you can either call Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone, mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone to report a fault, or wait here for one of the forum team to pick this up which might be 2 to 3 day's.

When phoning choose the option to report a fault, then ignore all the options offered and you should then be placed into a queue to speak to someone.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

To add, be clear whether you have a V6 or a TV360. You've posted in the TV360 forum but referred to a V6 - same hardware, very different software.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The OP might have a V6 that's been migrated over to the 360 software

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@SpacePhoenix wrote:

The OP might have a V6 that's been migrated over to the 360 software

Indeed so - but then it's not a V6 anymore. It's a TV360.

It won't make masses of difference to the diagnosis, but (inadvertently in many cases) referring to the wrong box type can often cause confusion.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Tudor
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Probably the hard disk failing, you need to call customer services and report it as a fault.

Tudor
There are 10 types of people: those who understand binary and those who don't and F people out of 10 who do not understand hexadecimal c1a2a285948293859940d9a49385a2

roy247
Community elder

Hard drive and fan noise problems are different, also if the hard drive was faulty there would be problems with the recordings.

It still needs a call to Virgin being either a fan or hard drive problem.

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Parrish, 

Thanks for taking the time to post about your issues in the Community.

We're sorry to hear you're having an issue with the fan being noisy. As suggested by the other users, we will need to take a closer look at this. As it's something that we won't be able to fix this remotely, I would like to arrange for an engineer to come to take a look at this for you. 

I just need to confirm the address to ensure we are booking the visit on the correct account. I have sent you a direct message to allow us to do this with you in a private space. Just click on the little ✉ at the top right-hand side of the page to access your inbox. 😊

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Parrish, 

Thanks for coming back to me via private message. It looks as though the message is blank though. 

Can you please have a look at my last message to you and reply with the information requested so I can get the engineer visit booked in for you. 

Many thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs