cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box upgrade remote connect problem

Manimal007
Joining in

Hi,

Upraded my V6 box to 360 and i'm trying to use this in another room. Main room now has 360 box (working fine). Replaced old Tivo box which was in the second room with my old V6 box.

Now after booting up the upgraded V6 box. It asked to connect remote. I have new 360 remote (which connected while upgrading) but this will not connect after holding down 'TV' and '0' for 10 seconds.

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Manimal007 wrote:

Hi,

Upraded my V6 box to 360 and i'm trying to use this in another room. Main room now has 360 box (working fine). Replaced old Tivo box which was in the second room with my old V6 box.

Now after booting up the upgraded V6 box. It asked to connect remote. I have new 360 remote (which connected while upgrading) but this will not connect after holding down 'TV' and '0' for 10 seconds.

Hi @Manimal007 

It's possible that the second (older) V6 hasn't upgraded to 360 yet.

Have you tried using the older V6 remote first and clicked on the "Upgrade to Virgin 360 now" app on the Home screen or from within All Apps?

upgrade to 360upgrade to 360

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi, 

Thanks for your reply. 

Clicked on the upgrade option in home screen. Then asked me to pull the tab on remote. The remote connected. Then the boxed turned off. This is when I removed the V6 box and replaced with 360 box. 

Gone to swap over my old Tivo box in second room with the V6 box. Remote won't connect. 

Hi Manimal007,

Did your your V6 box complete the upgrade to 360, when you swapped it with the TiVo did it start up correctly and is it working except for the remote not pairing. This need's to be the remote you used when you did the upgrade because you can't pair 2 remotes to the 360.

Try doing a factory reset of the remote by pressing and holding the TV and Rewind button for 10 seconds, and then try pressing TV and 0 button for 10 seconds to repair.

Hi,

Box starts up. Goes to select language screen. Then a short while after shows a screen about how to connect remote.

I've tried resetting remote. I've tried resetting the old remote. None of the remotes will connect. 

If it's stuck on the connect the remote by pressing OK screen have you tried pressing the red button on the old V6 remote.

You could also try taking the batteries out of the new 360 remote to reset it.