cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box not showing "Upgrade to TV 360" on home screen.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've just upgraded to the TV 360 service a while ago, and i have recieved my package with the new remote on the 7th of March, Now it is the 8th of March, which was when the package was actually due, there is no option to upgrade on my V6.

Things i have tried,

Powering on and off, Connecting to the Virgin Media Service through Network settings, and checking the Apps folder. 

I have also tried to factory reset, which didn't solve my issue.

Is there any way someone from virgin could force the upgrade, sending a signal to the box etc.

10 REPLIES 10

roy247
Community elder

Have a look in the Apps and Games folder, it could be in there.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've been checking if it would appear in there, refer to what i said in my original post, i keep checking and it's not there.

Sorry I missed that in your post, I was watching the football, if the upgrade doesn't appear overnight you will need to phone Virgin tomorrow as I don't think the forum team can get the upgrade pushed out. I assume your account has changed to 360 already. 

Don't forget to watch all your recordings before you upgrade as they will be deleted.

Anonymous
Not applicable

I'll wait a couple hours and see if it appears.

Maybe my account hasn't been processed yet or something, on my account page it still thinks the remote is due to be delivered today, but i already have it, which is weird, i can't check TV diagnostics through the virgin site either, as it's telling me "Looks like you've made a change to your package." and it's telling me to wait a while.

Ill post again if anything happens.

If not, i hope virgin can actually sort out something through the phone, as i've read some posts on here before and not many people have luck phoning virgin.

Your best bet when phoning is to get through to retensions, that's the I am thinking of leaving option, if they can't do it they should be able to transfer you someone who can.

Anonymous
Not applicable

Sounds about right, thanks for letting me know

Anonymous
Not applicable

I've checked again after the night, still no upgrade. Virgin still thinks the remote is due to arrive, even though i already have it.

Hi ltxudop33710,

Thank you for your post. I'm sorry for any frustration you have had with this. 

I have taken a look on our side and it looks as though you have been able to get this sorted. 

Please do let us know if you need any further assistance.

^Martin

Anonymous
Not applicable

I haven't, phoning virgin media hasnt done anything except now i can't even watch tv at all. Error 7400.

The person on the phone said they've sent a couple of signals to my V6 box to see if the upgrade would proceed but that didnt work either, after that they booked an engineer that's supposed to come soon.