Community elder
Message 11 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Re: V6 Arris LED status issue after 360 firmware upgrade

It was in deep standby - is on now

@Sofia_B wrote:

Hi @ozsat

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm sorry to hear that, after looking into things I can see the device is unreachable. Is this turned off currently? If so, are you able to turn this back on so I can look into the diagnostics for you? 

Thanks! 

==================================
VIVID 600 (690/44mb) in Area 31
0 Kudos
roy247
Well-informed
Message 12 of 17
Flag for a moderator

@figurehead71 wrote:

Hi @Sofia_B

Thank you for your reply.  I have just power cycled the V6 box now.

Switching from active start mode to fast start mode does 'fix' the LED Status issue....after changing back to active start mode instead for better energy efficiency and the problem happens again, so certainly not an ideal fix.  Box has to literally be left in fast start mode for the light to remain stable.

Hi figurehead71

I would have assumed upgraded V6 boxes leds would be the same as 360 boxes both my main box and mini box are set to active start and the led is blue in standby,  I haven't tried eco mode but have read on the forum that the led goes off. Don't think you are really saving much between modes in standby to be honest apart from being greener.

0 Kudos
figurehead71
Tuning in
Message 13 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Fixed ours without an engineer visit.

• Fast start mode: The Virgin TV 360 box starts quickly but is less energy efficient.
  • Active start mode: more energy efficient, but the box takes a while longer to start.
  • Eco start mode: This is the most energy efficient mode. It used minimal power but takes a while to start up.

Just to clarify.  We were having issues after upgrading the Arris V6 box to new 360 firmware whereby in the preferred Active start mode the box would lose its ability to display both a blue light on standby and a white light in operation.  A hard power cycle of the box would fix this until the next remote control soft power off and on whereby it would happen again.

It seems the 2 port hdmi switcher connected to the box was causing the issue...the quirk went away after disconnecting it...so two resolutions.....

I could leave the hdmi switcher connected and change to Fast start mode which solved the quirk, or remove the hdmi switcher and leave it in Active start mode which I have now done in my AV device setup.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 14 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi @figurehead71

Glad to hear your issue was resolved. We also thank you for the useful advise you provided.

Please do not hesitate to contact us if you need any further help.

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 15 of 17
Flag for a moderator

The mini-box I have the issue on also has a port-switcher.

@figurehead71 wrote:

Fixed ours without an engineer visit.

• Fast start mode: The Virgin TV 360 box starts quickly but is less energy efficient.
  • Active start mode: more energy efficient, but the box takes a while longer to start.
  • Eco start mode: This is the most energy efficient mode. It used minimal power but takes a while to start up.

Just to clarify.  We were having issues after upgrading the Arris V6 box to new 360 firmware whereby in the preferred Active start mode the box would lose its ability to display both a blue light on standby and a white light in operation.  A hard power cycle of the box would fix this until the next remote control soft power off and on whereby it would happen again.

It seems the 2 port hdmi switcher connected to the box was causing the issue...the quirk went away after disconnecting it...so two resolutions.....

I could leave the hdmi switcher connected and change to Fast start mode which solved the quirk, or remove the hdmi switcher and leave it in Active start mode which I have now done in my AV device setup.

0 Kudos
Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 16 of 17
Flag for a moderator

Hi @ozsat,

Sorry to hear this.

Was the great advice given by @figurehead71 helpful? Is your issue ongoing?

Thanks,

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos
ozsat
Community elder
Message 17 of 17
Flag for a moderator

I think it points to the reason why the LED goes out. I need the switch so will live with the LED issue.

@Akua_A wrote:

Hi @ozsat,

Sorry to hear this.

Was the great advice given by @figurehead71 helpful? Is your issue ongoing?

Thanks,

0 Kudos