Menu
Lindajane59
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

V360

I was upgraded to V360 earlier this week and I'm regretting it already.  My box had been replaced and thought it was a good time to upgrade but the layout is awful, the guide hard to see and some of the facilities aren't great.  On the V6 you can just see a list of recordings, whats being recorded over the last few weeks and managing series links was easy, this is really messy.  The fast forward isn't great and there doesn't seem to be a stop button, so how do I stop when watching a recorded programme?  Also I have received a mini box which I understand doesn't have a hard drive, so is it possible to record anything on the mini, not sure what the benefit is against the Tivo I had if we cant?  

I'll get used to it I guess but not sure, other than the voice control which I'm not fussed about, that its giving me anything better than I had with the V6.

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Re: V360

@Lindajane59 wrote:

The fast forward isn't great and there doesn't seem to be a stop button, so how do I stop when watching a recorded programme?  Also I have received a mini box which I understand doesn't have a hard drive, so is it possible to record anything on the mini, not sure what the benefit is against the Tivo I had if we cant?  

For Stop press the back button or the play/pause button, TV button also stops and puts you back to TV.

Alternatively, you can press the button for the next action you want (e.g. TV for live TV, Guide for the TV Guide and Home for the main menu.

Or use Voice control and say 'stop'.

Pressing "Pause" then "OK" then into live TV and then back to the recording gives the option of resuming the playback

To skip forwards/backwards 15 minutes in recordings - press MIC and say "go forward 15 minutes" or "go back 15 minutes"
You can also say "fast forward 10 minutes" or whatever amount of time you want

The left and right arrow buttons either side of the OK button skip forward 30 seconds and back 10 seconds

When fast forwarding press TV button and that will switch off the fast forward arrows etc. For Stop press the back button or pause button, TV button also stops and puts you back to TV.

To play back in slow motion press pause then Fast Forward

You can say either 'pause', or 'go to the bathroom' to pause TV

To avoid adverts on streamed & on demand say 'skip forward three minutes' or 'fast forward 3 minutes'

@Lindajane59 wrote:

Also I have received a mini box which I understand doesn't have a hard drive, so is it possible to record anything on the mini, not sure what the benefit is against the Tivo I had if we cant?  

I'm afraid the mini lacks a hard drive, unlike the older TIVO, so all recordings are made on the main 360 box.

If you scroll down <<< this page >>>  you will find lots of tips on using the 360.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Lindajane59
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the tips.

So if my son who has the mini box wants to record, its held on the hard drive on my box and he can access from his?

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@Lindajane59 wrote:

So if my son who has the mini box wants to record, its held on the hard drive on my box and he can access from his?

If both boxes are on the same account/in the same home, then yes. The mini-box is effectively a slave to the master.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
Royalbeech
Superfast
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Yes!
0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

It's best to leave the main box on either Fast Start or Active Start if you want to watch recordings on the Mini, otherwise you may see an error message such as not available or no hard drive connected.

Go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.
Fast start  - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient and probably the one you're using. It uses minimal power but takes a while to start.
The first two options are best if you have a mini box and want to watch a recording on it

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos
Lindajane59
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the advice.

0 Kudos
Lindajane59
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator