Menu
Lindajane59
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

V360

I've just upgraded from v6 to 360 and not sure how impressed I am.  It's less user friendly from what I can see.  How do I keep track on my series links or see what recordings I have coming up over the next 2weeks, it was easy on the V6.  Also when I'm watching something I've recorded?  On my v6 remote there was a stop button which doesn't appear to be on the new remote.  We've also got the mini box which apparently doesn't have a hard drive so can you record on it?

Sorry, lots of questions but I'm beginning to wish I hadn't bothered and stayed with the v6.

0 Kudos
japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V360

I use a V6, but by means of picking up on some of your points...

- The 360 doesn't have a manage SL function, you should be able to view your planned recordings but can't manage series links in the same way.

- No, the minibox doesn't have a hard drive, it acts as a slave to the master box that manages all the recordings and delayed TV functionality. You "watch" recordings on this box by streaming them from the main box.

For now, migrations to 360 are optional but also a one-way trip. The two software platforms are totally different.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

0 Kudos
newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: V360

@Lindajane59 wrote:

Also when I'm watching something I've recorded?  On my v6 remote there was a stop button which doesn't appear to be on the new remote. 

The Pause button is just below the red Record button.

For Stop press the back button or pause button, TV button also stops and puts you back to TV.

When playing back a recording pressing "Pause" then "OK" then into live TV and then back to the recording gives the option of resuming the playback.

Or you can just say, "Pause"

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I don't work for Virgin Media.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge. Learn more

Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules
0 Kudos