cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 series links/planned recordings

ScenicPaul
On our wavelength

I've recently upgraded to a 360 box and lost all previously recorded tv shows and films + films so am just trying to reset the series links. However, for some reason when I try to do a new series link for something like Eastenders , which is every Mon-Thurs on BBC1 at 7.30pm, it just won't record them. I've checked the settings and rebooted the set top box but still can't sort it out. Any ideas?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@ScenicPaul wrote:

Ah ok. That's a pain. We'll have to be very careful we don't accidentally delete something. Shame they couldn't incorporate these useful things into the latest 360 box as it's obvious customers liked them. Thanks anyway. 

Sadly, Horizon V360 is a different operating system that is the property of VMs parent company (Liberty Global), & is in use in the rest of their cable operations in Europe. It is not TiVO, or anything related to it. Therefore while the platform can be developed further, any features that were TiVO patented will not be transferable to any other platform. These things happen when companies are taken over.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

13 REPLIES 13

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey ScenicPaul, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry to hear this.

Unfortunately when you do upgrade to a 360 box you will lose your previous recordings sorry.

With soaps sometimes the box can get puzzled especially with certain events such as Wimbledon can change the schedule. 

So for example I know Wimbledon has affected Eastenders schedule and this is most likely what is causing the issue so for example if they play Eastenders at 8:30 instead of 7:30 it won't record it as the box has picked up its not the program you want. 

To set a series link up please follow the steps 

1. Press Home on your 360 remote.
  2. Choose the show you want to record.
  3. Press the record button.
  4. A record pop-up will appear. You'll be asked whether you want to record the series or individual show.
  5. Press OK on your chosen option and your show is now scheduled to record. Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Matthew_ML wrote:

So for example I know Wimbledon has affected Eastenders schedule and this is most likely what is causing the issue so for example if they play Eastenders at 8:30 instead of 7:30 it won't record it as the box has picked up its not the program you want. 

There are two scenarios here.

1: The published schedule is altered, and an update is issued before broadcast - the box has an updated timeslot for the programme, and shouldn't record the original.

2: The broadcaster goes "off-script" too late for any schedule update to be issued - the box should still record the schedule programme but the content won't be as expected.

The BBC have plenty of form in last-minute schedule changes during Wimbledon fortnight. and do seem unable to stick to their own schedules.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for your helpful replies. I do have another question for you though which is regarding extending the recording times of programs. I know I can extend the start or end time of all recordings but how do I extend just 1 planned recording?  For example I have a series link for the F1 grand prix and would like to add an extra 30 mins to the end in case of any delays, safety cars, etc but can't find a way of just doing it for these recordings rather than everything.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi ScenicPaul 👋

When you press the Record button on the programme you're looking to record, you will see an "Advanced Options" button. Please click that, and you will then be given further options for "Extra time before" and "Extra time after".

When you press Record, any future recordings for this specific programme will use the settings you've entered, whereas others will remain unaffected.

If you're looking to extend specific episodes, you would need to set the "Record" option to "This episode only".

Thanks,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

Ok thanks Reece. I'll give that a try.

Reece_MH
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

No worries at all, ScenicPaul.

Please let us know how things go, and we'll do our best to assist further, if needed.

Cheers,

Reece - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our FAQ

I have another question for you. On the previous set top box we had there was a 'folder' for deleted tv shows & films + another for recording hiccups.  These don't seem to exist anymore so does that mean that if we accidentally delete something we can't get it back or see why the tv box didn't record something that was programmed?

Hi ScenicPaul 👋🏼.

Thank you for coming back to us on our community forum 😊.

Please can you generating one by going to your MyVM > Account Settings > Account details > Mailbox App Password Management?

Let us know how you get on.

Thank you.

Ari - Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Thanks for your reply but I don't understand what you mean as regards Mailbox App Password Management.