cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 remote and Bose Solo Soundbar

Alicut73
Joining in

Hi all,

My V6 box updated to 360 last week.  I love the new layout and features, but I have a big problem with the Bose Solo soundbar.

With my old Virgin remotes I could set it so the volume would work (OK, up would switch the volume down and vice versa!) but at least I could use the one remote to control the volume.

Since getting the new remotes, I cannot control the soundbar with the new remotes.  

It is currently connected via the optical port at the back of the soundbar and my Samsung TV.  I have tried every cable going to try and connect it to the HDMI Arc port, with no luck.  I am getting very frustrated about all this now!

Can anyone help me please?  I've attached a photo of the back of my soundbar if that helps anyone.

Any help gratefully received as I can't afford to replace the soundbar, nor should I either!!20220112_135349.jpg

2 REPLIES 2

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi Alicut73, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

I'm afraid there isn't much advice we can offer you on this since we're not able to support third party equipment. As long as the remote is successfully connected to the 360 box then that's as far as we can go. 

The community may have some advice to offer though as many of the users have good technical knowledge of the sound bars and the best settings to connect them on. 

Failing that, you can sign up to our Gadget Rescue service who also may be able to help. 

Let us know if you have any further issues. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Ernie_C
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Alicut73 @Kath_F 

Please review the following thread. The Bose Solo works well with the TV 360 remote.

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/Cannot-connect-360-remote-to-Bose-Sounder/m-p/490...

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks