cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 mini box

dalepritchard81
On our wavelength

Hi - does anyone know if Virgin are planning on making the V360 mini boxes wireless rather than requiring the cable to connect? Think they’ve missed a trick on this one compared with Sky that have wireless technology built into their mini boxes, giving more flexibility where to locate the additional boxes.

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Virgin Media is a cable operator, and the co-ax is the cable that carries live TV channels. All VM TV boxes need co-ax for live TV plus internet for OnDemand & streaming.

Sky's wireless multiroom boxes don't support 4K UHD whereas VM's do.

There have been trials - https://www.ispreview.co.uk/index.php/2021/10/virgin-media-o2-uk-offering-new-tv-streaming-service-f... 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks - this is disappointing from Virgin as undoubtedly there will be quite a number of households who are no doubt in my shoes who have the spare mini box for the V360 but are reluctant to fork out further money to an engineer to install more cabling. Especially when you want it for a wall mounted TV where a wireless connection would be ideal.

I would prefer the flexibility of being able to move the mini box anywhere in the house over replicating 4k on to another TV.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@dalepritchard81 wrote:

Thanks - this is disappointing from Virgin as undoubtedly there will be quite a number of households who are no doubt in my shoes who have the spare mini box for the V360 but are reluctant to fork out further money to an engineer to install more cabling.

There's no additional cost for a multiroom install over a single-box one.

Any install fees should cover any & all equipment you're having installed.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks