cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 keeps wiping recordings

HughesSD
Joining in

I upgraded to the 360 box over a year ago and since then I have found the box has completely wiped all my recordings and saved programmes at least 3 times. The first time it happened I'd had a problem with the box and put the loss down to the process of updating/fixing it. Since then it has happened at least twice more with no clear reason why. Today I opened it and found everything gone from the last 5 months. No explanation. I'm sick of this. Why does it keep happening?

5 REPLIES 5

roy247
Community elder

I would say you have a faulty box, you can try doing a factory reset and if you haven't got any recordings at the moment select the format hard drive option, and when / if it happens again phone Virgin on 150 from a Virgin phone to report a fault, or try phoning anyway.

Zach_R
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @HughesSD,

Thank you for your post and welcome to our community forums. We're here to help.

I'm very sorry to hear you're facing some problems with your recordings being deleted. It's possible that you have Auto-Delete enabled, which I'd advise checking if you haven't done so already.

If you don't have this set up and it doesn't explain the deletions you're referring to, please let us know. At that stage it's possible that the box itself is potentially faulty and we can investigate further from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi Zach, 

I dont have auto delete enabled, I had months worth of recordings stored the whole lot are gone, as well as all my planned recordings, they have all disappear too. I'm guessing it's the box, I've been with V for 5 years and upgraded to 360 about 18 months ago but its the same box.

Hi @HughesSD,

Thank you for checking and confirming. I'm going to send you a private message in a few moments so we can have a closer look at what's going on here for you.

Please respond to this at your earliest convenience and we can go from there.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team
New around here? To find out more about the Community Forums, take a look at our FAQs!

Hi @HughesSD,

Thank you for getting back to me via private message so that I could take a closer look at what's going on.

As discussed there, I've now arranged for a technician appointment to go ahead. I'm unable to confirm the date/time of the appointment publicly, but you can check and manage/reschedule it if needed via your My Virgin Media online account.

Let us know how it goes.

Thanks,

Zach - Forum Team