cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V360 and mini box cabling

PaulMac8
Tuning in

Hi

I have a new installation on Saturday 5th November and was wondering how my mini box will connect to the V360? 

Is it Wi-Fi or cable and if it is cable, will they run the cable inside the house or outside?

The V360 will sit in the living room and the mini box in the bedroom at the opposite corner of the house.

All help is greatly appreciated. 

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PaulMac8 

The mini box needs connecting via the VM white coaxial cable the same as your main box.

The tech guy will lay the cable wherever you want it, either internally or externally.

I have my main box in the bedroom (external cabling) and my second box in the living room with the cabling run along the skirting board.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

3 REPLIES 3

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @PaulMac8 

The mini box needs connecting via the VM white coaxial cable the same as your main box.

The tech guy will lay the cable wherever you want it, either internally or externally.

I have my main box in the bedroom (external cabling) and my second box in the living room with the cabling run along the skirting board.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Chris_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi PaulMac8, thanks for the message and welcome to the forums. 

I am happy that you have decided to choose Virgin Media, can you confirm how the visit went and if you have any further questions regarding the installation/ installation. 

Chris 

Hi Chris 

Thanks for your message. 

The install was cancelled by you on Friday as the outside work had not been done. 

I am very disappointed as this was the 2nd time it had been cancelled by you. 

I signed up to Virgin at the start of September and do not understand why my installation keeps getting cancelled. 

Perhaps you could look into this and help me out? 

Thanks, Paul