Menu
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 16
Flag for a moderator

V360 Impression, installed today

So received new 360 box, underwhelmed at moment. Trying to set up series links 

1. Programmes on air you can find and set recording of current season, however it looks like it records all episodes not new - not good. Seen that others have reported this issue so hopefully resolved in future update

2. Unlike V6 I can not search for series not currently on air to set up a future series season link Eg: QI, DR Who, NCIS etc etc, Most people do not watch tv avidly to see when latest episode is on especially if it is a channel that is only on rarely ie. Discovery. I have been surprised in past when going into my recordings to find a tv program I like has started new season - this to me is a major flaw, hopefully this will be taken note of and update soon

I tried to ring Virgin & ask if I could go back to V6 I was that underwhelmed but gave up after 45 minutes

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 2 of 16
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: V360 Impression, installed today

Not much has changed with the V360 trial firmware that had these faults. Updates should be released at regular intervals that will eventually fix all these, although wishlists have gone for good.

Virgin BB TV Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, Virgin Mobile, Tesco Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 3 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for responding so quickly, I am hopeful somebody will notice these criticisms and the more people report on them the quicker the resolution 😀

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person
Message 4 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hello

Have you tried use the voice commands and say Search ... this shoould bring up what you are looking for, just did it myself and worked for Dr Who.

I am also afraid that once you have the v360 there is no going back.

Regards Mike

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Highlighted
Tuning in
Message 5 of 16
Flag for a moderator

There are loads of stuff missing. And some new stuff. 
Does the new stuff make up for what’s missing. The jury’s out.

I hope we can go back if they don’t fix the problems. If not I’ll just take a walk to SkyQ  

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 6 of 16
Flag for a moderator

A couple of posters have mentioned being able to go back, which encouraged me to persevere. If all goes to plan, my 360 box will be de-activated soon and I will be able to go back to using the V6 again.

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Hi @dspace9 and @lennyv, sorry to hear you're not enjoying having the 360 box.

Can I ask how you wish to proceed and I will investigate on your behalf?

Regards

Lee_R

0 Kudos
Highlighted
On our wavelength
Message 8 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Getting use to it through trial and error, some great bits some blah. Instructions & features in prev box would have been nice

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 9 of 16
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for getting back us dpsace9.

I am sorry for the teething problems, which I'm sure they are. And I am confident our updates, when released, will resolve these issues.

Regards

Lee

0 Kudos
Highlighted
Dialled in
Message 10 of 16
Flag for a moderator

@Lee_R wrote:

Hi @dspace9 and @lennyv, sorry to hear you're not enjoying having the 360 box.

Can I ask how you wish to proceed and I will investigate on your behalf?

Regards

Lee_R

Hi @Lee_R thanks for commenting and asking the question. My answer is that all I want right now is to go back to the V6 box. I've seen a few comments here that it is not possible to go back, but I don't know if that is confirmed Virgin policy (or why it would be the case). I was told last week by customer support that my old V6 would be re-activated within seven days and I could start using it again. That hasn't happened and it's now 8 days, so I'm on the verge of having to phone up again. If I can't go back to the V6 box my next best choice would be to cancel the TV package altogether, or reduce the cost of the TV package as much as possible, as I don't see it working for me with this box.

I have no wish to completely slate it, and I'm more than happy to provide any feedback good or bad on the 360 box (and it's not all bad!), but all I can say is that my experience, compared to the V6, is that it is worse for me in too many ways. I'm sure it will improve over time, but in the meantime I have a 'new TC experience' that's worse than my old one was, and I'm also confident that there are quite a few issues I have with it that won't be fixed.

I've been very disappointed so far in how difficult it is to resolve any questions or issues with my account since taking up this offer - I have to say that the people I have spoken to in customer support have generally tried to do their utmost to help me, and I have no complaints with any of them, they're doing their best but none of them have actually been able to help, and I don't really know why.

0 Kudos