Menu
Savman
Tuning in
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

V360 2 boxes install , can I change default recording box?

I seem to have been given 2 v360 boxes ( have 2 hard drives) .

when I record a program , it seems to record to my secondary v360 box . This can be changed if I go into advanced option when recording and direct it to my primary box . 
Is it possible to make the primary box default ?

it’s possible when I connected and configured the boxes the wrong way round .
Is the quick fix just to switch both boxes off and swap them round from 1 room to the other ?

Any support would be appreciate 

0 Kudos
markdyer72
Superfast
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: V360 2 boxes install , can I change default recording box?

If there 2 boxes the same, if the other box was set up 1st that may well become the default box, my solution would be, as there the same, is to swap the boxes around that way yours would then become the default 

jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@Savman wrote:

I seem to have been given 2 v360 boxes ( have 2 hard drives) .

when I record a program , it seems to record to my secondary v360 box . This can be changed if I go into advanced option when recording and direct it to my primary box . 
Is it possible to make the primary box default ?

it’s possible when I connected and configured the boxes the wrong way round .
Is the quick fix just to switch both boxes off and swap them round from 1 room to the other ?

Any support would be appreciate 

First of all..lucky you getting 2 main tv360 boxes. This means twice the storage and twice the amount of channels that can be recorded at the same time compared to a main and mini box installation.

Is there no default recording options in the settings to chose the primary box?

Sorry not at home to verify right now.

If you cant find this setting then it's a quick unplug and swap around which isn't difficult with either 2 or 3 wires to unplug.  Power cable, coax signal cable and possibly ethernet cable if not using wifi. 

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator

You can set the default recording device in the TVGO app, I don't know if this only sets it for the app or if it will apply anything to the boxes themselves. I suspect it is only for the app, I would have thought if you select a program to record from the guide on box 1 it would have recorded it on box 1 or is that being too logical.

jonathanpye
Fibre optic
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm sure theres a setting on the boxes Roy . I'll check later. 

Saying that mine maybe different as I have 2 Arris V6 boxes upgraded, which is a deliberate 2 main box installation. This is not quite the same as 2 main Horizon tv360 boxes which is not suppose to be an installation configuration.

I am assuming they are the same in terms of settings across the boxes also but may not be if the horizon setup expects a main/ mini combination rather than main/main combination.

-------------------------------------------------------------
Services and Equipment;
HUB4
x2 V6 Upgraded to tv360
Ultimate Ooomph Gig1 with UHD
VM Telly Tablet
0 Kudos
withitnow
Superfast
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey there

It will default to whatever box you selected last when you go into 'advanced options' before recording. So if you changed the box to say 'front room' by going into 'advanced options' when setting up one recording, then go to record another, it will again record to 'front room' unless you go to 'advanced options' to change it to say 'bedroom'.

Hope this makes sense. 🙂

Ultimate Oomph Bundle
roy247
Superfast
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Unfortunately I got upgraded to a 360 and a mini from 2 V6 boxes so I can't check myself, but there is some info in this thread and videos,

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-360/New-boxes-and-I-can-record-to-both/m-p/4595521#M5...

Savman
Tuning in
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thanks for the reply , I cant see in setting to change the default box. It just shows you the 2 boxes but no options to change around.

I will go with the suggestion as other members did to change the boxes around. The only "minor " issue is I have series recording set . I guess I can cancel my recording and set them up again when the boxes are swapped . I will try it later tonight . It would have been nice to change the default primary box

0 Kudos
Savman
Tuning in
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

thanks I will try this , later . Would have be better if I could change default primary and secondary.

0 Kudos
Savman
Tuning in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

It would be good if I could change the default setting , rather than doing it at the time of recording . I will go with what other people have mentioned on swapping boxes. I will hold off till tonight . Somebody might find away to change the default option . ive looked in setting and cant see it 

0 Kudos