Menu
Oldandbald
Tuning in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

V Box Recordings Freezing

Since the upgrade to 360, one of my two V boxes (not the one connected to the hub) continually freezes during playback of recording which is incredibly annoying. 
I’ve read else that the hard disk may be the issue, but it never happened before the change to 360. Possibly just coincidence, but any other suggestions?

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: V Box Recordings Freezing

Does it do this on local recordings on that box or recordings between boxes ?

Assume it's ok with TV what about catchup or movies on demand ?

0 Kudos
Oldandbald
Tuning in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

• Good question, and thanks for answering. 
    I’ve watched a recording from the “good” box and it seems to be playing ok, so it would appear to be a problem with local recordings only. 
    Other functions such as catch up appear to be playing ok. 
    As an aside, watching a recording from the iffy box today, first time this has happened, instead of just freezing for a few seconds and then moving on, the picture “stuck”, complete - easiest way to describe it was like a broken record - frozen picture and a brief piece of the audio continually repeating. 

0 Kudos
roy247
Superfast
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Definitely looks like you need a replacement box, the only other thing I could think of is if you have a problem with the signal down the coax but if these are old recordings it would rule that out, but there again it has only started to happen since the upgrade so they won't be that old.

Very probably your hard drive so you will have to phone and report it, no doubt having to restart the box several times during your phone call.

0 Kudos
Oldandbald
Tuning in
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Thanks again for your help, will contact virgin and see about a new box. 
cheers👍

0 Kudos