cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Virgin 360

djr_uk
Up to speed

I'm finding it difficult to get answers at the moment.

i have currently 3x tivo v6 boxes. 

i'm interested in the virgin media 360 software but apparently i need to surrender a v6 box? will my bill change? I've got a discount at the moment? i have a ton of questions and I've been told to contact virgin media support (cant get through via telephone) or via whatsapp (just looping questions).

Can i get any answers before i make the decision or not....

3 REPLIES 3

Tavis75
Super solver

I'm pretty sure you can have 3 360 boxes, but no more, though one of those would have to be a mini box which does not have a hard disk, so you would lose some space.

However, you may want to look into the differences between the boxes before changing, it is not an upgrade but a switch to a different system (people often compare it to Android vs Apple) and you lose quite a lot of features.

Some of the missing features are as follows; Wishlists (where you can set the box to record programs on certain subjects or featuring certain people), undelete, series link+, series link manager, suggestions, setting of series links for programs not in the current TV guide, ethernet control, keyboard support via USB, switching between tuners with constant buffering, skip-back on fast-forward, quickplay, cancelling individual recordings from a series link, multi-channel series links, radio channels allowing recording of radio, separation of recordings between boxes, watching recordings when internet is not available and probably a few others I've forgotten.

I think things like your bill should remain the same.

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Firstly, this is a firmware migration to a new TV platform, not an upgrade.

Two of your V6 boxes can be migrated through a firmware download, the third will be replaced by a diskless mini box that has to rely on your home network for everything except live TV channels.

I would thoroughly research the differences between the two platforms before committing, as there is no option to move back once you have migrated. Migration is also not tied to any package changes you might be making, so do not be misled into thinking you have to change to V360 in order to renew your contract.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey djr_uk, thank you for reaching out with your question as mentioned above this is true.

You can have two 360 and one will become a mini and once this upgrade has been done there is no going back sorry.

You can read up on the boxes here Cheers 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?