Menu
DannyDawber
On our wavelength
Message 1 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Upgrading to V360 Questions

I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade to V360 in Blackpool for my boxes and if there's a charge for doing so.

Tags (1)
0 Kudos
newapollo
Hero
Message 2 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Re: Upgrading to V360 Questions

Hi Danny,

You need VM broadband to switch to the 360 box.

There may be a £24.95 for the new remote(s) and a possible £35 activation charge

If you go to <<< this page >>>  it tells you about the 360. There are 2 Get your 360 links on the page. One in a black box at the top to the left of the picture of the footballer. The other is under the heading Upgrading is easy.

You should also be able to upgrade to the 360 if you sign into My Virgin Media at the top of the page. You might need to process it there via the online chat messenger.

Dave

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali
0 Kudos
archercj
Dialled in
Message 3 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Just a warning regards the upgrade. As many have stated it is either £24.95 (which appears to be new remote(s) only for V6 box customers and then an online update) or else you can have the upgrade free of charge if you commit to an 18 month contract extension.

The online chat is an appalling service though and be warned - I was firstly offered it at £24.95 but the next day (after the Virgin chat chap had simply transferred me into the land that time forgot - well 2 hours I was still holding) suddenly it was £29. Another lengthy wait and I struck gold. A Virgin chat chap who knew what he was on about. Extended my contract, got the upgrade for free and also £10pm knocked off my monthly bill.

Tip: when using the Virgin online chat facility - patience is a virtue.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 4 of 12
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@DannyDawber wrote:

I was wondering if it's possible to upgrade to V360 in Blackpool for my boxes and if there's a charge for doing so.

....I would read through at least the first 2 pages of this forum and also read through ALL of this thread before updating your V6 :

Virgin 360 | AVForums

It certainly is NOT an 'upgrade' and you'll lose many of the features you currently have on the V6.......

Its also a 'one way trip' meaning that once you update, there's no way back to the TiVo software if you don't like the 360 software.

#youhavebeenwarned

On our wavelength
Message 5 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I tried the chat when I upgraded to 360 but couldn’t get connected. I rang up it was a couple of weeks ago and was told it was a new remote for V6 upgrade. There wasn’t a mention of the £24.95 but I’d read about it so it wasn’t a surprise when it was on the email confirmation for 360. I would have been more than happy to extend my contract for another 12 to 18 months if my contract offers were extended too.  I thought by you would have to take out a contract upgrade to get the £24.95 waived.

0 Kudos
deans6571
Trouble shooter
Message 6 of 12
Flag for a moderator

....frankly I'm amazed people are willing to pay for this so called 'upgrade' software that is currently, vastly  inferior to the TiVo software on their V6??!

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

DannyDawber
On our wavelength
Message 7 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Thanks for the replies and advice after careful consideration and the warnings I won't be upgrading to v360 based on what has been shared here

Many Thanks
Danny Lee Dawber

withitnow
Superfast
Message 8 of 12
Flag for a moderator

Hey

I couldn't wait to upgrade. Loved my TiVo software V6 but the interface was looking rather dated and wanted a little refresh.

Love the TV360 Horizon software. Takes a little adjusting but that's because it is completely different. But prefer it to TiVo as it was.

Thanks

Maxit TV
2 X TV 360 Box
M500 Fibre Broadband
0 Kudos
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 9 of 12
Flag for a moderator

YET. you won't be upgrading YET 🙂
0 Kudos
archercj
Dialled in
Message 10 of 12
Flag for a moderator

I'm with you Withitnow. The Tivo front end was looking very dated. The 360 interface looks like a tweaked Kodi with a half decent shell added. the biggest complaint to many will be that they are used to the Tivo interface
0 Kudos