cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading to Hub 5 and TV 360 Box

IanL3
On our wavelength

Hi, I am upgrading from an older model hub and a legacy Tivo Box to a Hub 5 and TV 360 Box. The new kit should be delivered to me on 1st Feb. I have a Virgin landline phone with my existing setup. Rather than wait fror the instructions that will arrive with the new kit I have been browsing online to get a general idea in advance of what to do re installation. I gather when landline phone is connected it will have a different number and will take up to 10 days to transfer existing number. Will my existing number be transferred automatically or do I have ask Virgin to transfer it - if so, what is the procedure please? Any advice on this will be much appreciated.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @IanL3 

It may be that VM switch your telephone from the wall socket so that it connects via the hub instead,  but as an existing customer that's upgrading your package then your telephone number won't change..

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @IanL3 

It may be that VM switch your telephone from the wall socket so that it connects via the hub instead,  but as an existing customer that's upgrading your package then your telephone number won't change..

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali