cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgrading V6 to 360 - Stuck on Install Complete Screen

brettwoodward
Joining in

Hi, 

I've just received my new TV360 remote and followed the instructions to upgrade my v6 Mini box. It was all going smoothly until we got to the install complete screen, which I'm now stuck on. 

I've tried pressing TV and 0 for 10 seconds (Several times), I've tried resetting the set top box, and the router, but I'm still getting no joy.

Any Ideas?

7 REPLIES 7

brettwoodward
Joining in
Update: I appear to be able to use the remote control on the TVGO App, but no channels are working after I switch to them. It's got me off the Install Complete screen, but still unable to watch TV, or use the new remote

I would have thought you would first have to update your main box before updating any Mini boxes, no ?

I might have used the wrong terminology, It's the only box we've got (V6). 

Ive since got the remote working... but still no channels working

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @brettwoodward 

There isn't a V6 mini box. The V6 box downloads an over the air update to chnage the firmware os it runs on Horizon instead of TIVO software.

Do you mean you've received a 360 mini box as a replacment for one of the older TIVO boxes?

To help further you need to confirm which set top box you are having the problem with and also describe what is showing on the TV screen, also any error messages that are described, and what the lights are doing on the front of the 360 box.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

I think my use of the term "mini box" may have been wrong it's a v6 (I consider it mini compared to the old Tivo boxes). I've upgraded to 360 through that, have managed to sort the initil issues, but whenever I select a channel to watch, nothing comes on.

Checked connection on the box, and all seems fine, 

@brettwoodward wrote:

I think my use of the term "mini box" may have been wrong it's a v6 (I consider it mini compared to the old Tivo boxes). I've upgraded to 360 through that, have managed to sort the initil issues, but whenever I select a channel to watch, nothing comes on.

Checked connection on the box, and all seems fine, 

...unplug the box from power for 20 seconds and then re-plug back in, perhaps it just needs a reboot.

Hi brettwoodward,

Thank you for your post and welcome to the community. 

I'm very sorry for any issues you're having with the Tv box. 

Can you confirm if you have been able to resolve this? If not, please do let us know so we can look to help.

^Martin