cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded

stoob
On our wavelength

Morning 

Upgraded over the weekend to the Bigger bundle. Was wondering if there would be a change of equipment as we're still on the stuff that came with the Big Kahuna package from years ago.

Thanks.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stoob 

Some agents do perform a kit swap but normally unless you specifically ask for new equipment as part of your negotiations then you won't be switched from the Tivo/V6 platform.

You would need to check your new contract when it comes through to confirm if there are any equipment changes.

If yuo are wanting to switch to a 360 and it isn't part of teh new negotiation then you do have 14 days to change yuor mind, cancel and re-negotiate a deal that includes the 360 boxes.

Some points to note - 360 is a completely different platform and doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the TIvo/V6 boxes -  if yuo don't like it you can't switch back

See <<< here >>>  for a general discussion/comparison.

If you currently have V6 boxes they will be swapped out by a firmware update, yuo will lose all your recordings and series links, a plus point is that you will keep hard drive storage on any V6 boxes yuo have.

If you currently have a mixture of V6 and  the older Tivo boxes then it's a good idea to swap the Tivo to a V6 first before switching to the 360 system.  (The older Tivo's are swapped out for 360 mini boxes which don't contain hard drives)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

1 REPLY 1

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @stoob 

Some agents do perform a kit swap but normally unless you specifically ask for new equipment as part of your negotiations then you won't be switched from the Tivo/V6 platform.

You would need to check your new contract when it comes through to confirm if there are any equipment changes.

If yuo are wanting to switch to a 360 and it isn't part of teh new negotiation then you do have 14 days to change yuor mind, cancel and re-negotiate a deal that includes the 360 boxes.

Some points to note - 360 is a completely different platform and doesn't have all the bells and whistles of the TIvo/V6 boxes -  if yuo don't like it you can't switch back

See <<< here >>>  for a general discussion/comparison.

If you currently have V6 boxes they will be swapped out by a firmware update, yuo will lose all your recordings and series links, a plus point is that you will keep hard drive storage on any V6 boxes yuo have.

If you currently have a mixture of V6 and  the older Tivo boxes then it's a good idea to swap the Tivo to a V6 first before switching to the 360 system.  (The older Tivo's are swapped out for 360 mini boxes which don't contain hard drives)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali