cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 360 with bugs..

stevegilmour
On our wavelength

I'm having a few issues with the upgrade but hopefully it's just me..

Recordings don't show the date of the recording on the list so I have to go through each episode, click for info to find the correct one.

What's happened to the fast forward, rewind and single frame pause the old v6 software used. Have virgin cut corners and removed the Tivo functions?

Finally, why have they removed all the SD channels where there was HD (about time!) except Channel 4? Still SD channel 104 but 141 on HD? The mind boggles..

Thanks,

Steve 

11 REPLIES 11

ozsat
Superstar

It isn't that they replaced the TiVo functions - you replaced you TiVo software with 360 software. Opting to "upgrade" removes all TiVo services.

There isn't really much point in having both SD and HD channels which are the same. Channel 4 has different commercials for various regions and so does not match the HD version 100%. BBC1 is different too between SD and HD.

I never call it an 'upgrade' as the V6 with TiVo software I think is much better.

@stevegilmour wrote:

I'm having a few issues with the upgrade but hopefully it's just me..

Recordings don't show the date of the recording on the list so I have to go through each episode, click for info to find the correct one.

What's happened to the fast forward, rewind and single frame pause the old v6 software used. Have virgin cut corners and removed the Tivo functions?

Finally, why have they removed all the SD channels where there was HD (about time!) except Channel 4? Still SD channel 104 but 141 on HD? The mind boggles..

Thanks,

Steve 

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

As ozsat has already mentioned, by voluntarily choosing to migrate from TiVo-software to 360-software, then you now use all the Horizon functions rather than TiVo ones. I would always recommend anyone makes the choice to migrate on an informed basis, because it's not a change you can revert if you don't like it.

On the specifics of the HD channels, it's a Horizon/360 function that when you have access to the HD & SD variants of a particular channel, the HD one replaces the SD one in your EPG. This is instead of the "press blue" option on TiVo/V6. Channel 4 is a specific exception to this, due to regional advertising issues.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Community elder

@stevegilmour wrote:

Do mean something different to the fast forward and rewind you get when pressing 《 + 》, you can press each 4 times, slow to fast, also you can keep the <, >, 《, 》, key's pressed to rewind and record, and press the pause key and then 》 to slow forward.

You could also use voice control to fast forward, that's something the V6 can't do.

I meant when you ffw or rw on the V6 where TIVO took you back a few secs. On the pause function I loved the frame by frame especially for sports but that's gone. I'm a bit cheesed off as noone told me I would lose functionality. Is TIVO on the 360 TV box? 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

There's pictures of the 3 TV boxes here 

The TiVo & V6 boxes both run TiVo software

The V6 & 360 boxes are the same physical hardware, but differ in software.

TiVo-software & 360-software are entirely different platforms. Now that you have migrated to 360, you no longer have TiVo or V6.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

V6 and 360 boxes hardware wise are the same, V6 runs tivo software and 360 runs Horizon software. Once 'upgraded' to 360 you can't go back to V6.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stevegilmour wrote:

On the pause function I loved the frame by frame especially for sports but that's gone.  

Does this help at all?

To play back in slow motion press pause then Fast Forward (there will be no sound though) This works on both live and recorded programs.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Thanks everyone for the info, I wish I didn't "upgrade" now. One big reason I came to VM years ago was the fact I loved TIVO. I went to sky for a year and came back just because of this. Sounds pedantic I know but I it's the wee things that excite me 😉

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@stevegilmour wrote:

One big reason I came to VM years ago was the fact I loved TIVO. I went to sky for a year and came back just because of this.

VM closed TiVo/V6 for new installs last December or thereabouts.

All new installs since then have been 360 except for TV-only when the older TiVo was still supplied - this is due to the V6 & 360 needing VM broadband.