cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded to 360 and picture/sound keeps on cutting out

SarahS2
Tuning in

We have just taken the 360 upgrade but now programmes keep on cutting out every few seconds; sometimes it’s picture and sound (to black screen with text at top hdmi2 /tuner2 (virgin tv)  ) and sometimes just sound for a 2-3 seconds. Is anyone else experiencing this?

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi SarahS2,

Have you checked that the HDMI cable is snug and tight, or swap it for another HDMI cable and/or socket.

Have you rebooted the 360? This often cures problems.

If that fails you could try a factory reset.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options
Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, choosing that first option means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

5 REPLIES 5

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi SarahS2,

Have you checked that the HDMI cable is snug and tight, or swap it for another HDMI cable and/or socket.

Have you rebooted the 360? This often cures problems.

If that fails you could try a factory reset.

To factory reset go to Settings (the cog at the end of the Home menu) > System > Factory Reset.
It's actually misnamed and only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options
Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, choosing that first option means you won't lose your recordings or any links you've set up (but will have to sign into apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITV Hub again)

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Hi I have tried these and it still doesn’t work properly. It was working fine beforehand. 
It’s even worse if we try to watch Netflix as it keeps on cutting out every few seconds and we get the error ‘we’re having trouble playing this title at the moment ’ (which is something I used to experience regularly but haven’t suffered for the last year /since I was upgraded to the V6 box). 

Sofia_B
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @SarahS2

Thanks for your post 🙂 

I'm very sorry to hear you're experiencing picture and sound issues with your 360 box, I appreciate this is frustrating and we apologise for any inconvenience caused.

I've managed to locate your account via the information provided on your profile and I'm having some issues reaching the 360 box to run some tests for you. Is this currently turned off? If so, are you able to turn the box on so we can run further diagnostics. 

Thanks, 

Sofia
Forum Team

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

Hello Sofia thank you very much for getting in touch. I am not at home this evening, how ever the box is not turned off and I know my partner was watching one of the channels as he told me. We never turn it off. 

I will - however speak with my partner first thing and get him to double check and confirm.

thanks very much Sarah  

Hi Sarah,

Many thanks, please do let us know so we can check the box

The box will also need to be connected to the internet for us to run diagnostics so if you could check that too, that'd be great 🙂

Beth

Beth