Just upgraded and it seems as if it has been successful. ALL my recordings (well over 150 hours) seem to have been deleted though. Please tell me they have not been deleted and un-recoverable?
When I changed box a few years ago there was no option to keep the recordings, they were all lost. It would be great if that could happen, say by uploading the recordings from the old box and then downloading to the new box.
When you convert a V6 into a TV360, it's a complete reformat of your hard drive to a totally different operating system. Your recordings & series-links are gone and are irrecoverable.
On the inside of the box your new remote came with, should have been this flyer.. take a note of point 2.
I only wanted a new remote (old one went crazy) but had to go through all the gubbins and upgrade. Disgraceful in my opinion.
Something's gone wrong here then, ordering a replacement remote for your V6 should have been a case of just doing that. The image I posted above, is the flyer that comes with the new remote, so technically you were warned.
What you've done is accepted an offer (or requested) a conversion of your V6 into a TV360 - it's a fundamentally diffferent OS, a bit like Android & iOS are different.
A conversion from V6 into TV360 is completely voluntary. How did you request the new remote, that somehow led to you accepting a conversion?
1. Went through the instructions for re-booting my remote. Didn't work.
2. Went through the online process for ordering new V6 remote. Didn't work.
3. Went through telephone support to be told by the AI they would send me a link and then cut-off. The link went to the online process (see number 2).
4. Followed the complaints procedure and filled out complaint. Heard nothing back and when I went online to check the complaint was no longer there.
5. Phoned to cancel my Virgin subscription. Found out I was paying too much and was told they would send me the new updated remote. The remote arrived with two booklets and no explanation of how to connect it. Checked Google to find out.
Found the whole customer experience terrible and will be moving to Sky tomorrow.
5. Phoned to cancel my Virgin subscription. Found out I was paying too much and was told they would send me the new updated remote. The remote arrived with two booklets and no explanation of how to connect it.
Oh to have been a fly-on-the-wall with this conversation, did the agent mention updated software, or just the remote? What were the two booklets - can you post a picture of them? Were either of them the graphic that's been posted above?
Neither was the one posted.
One brochure was entitled 'Get to know your fancy new remote'.
The second was entitled 'It's showtime. Anytime'.
With regard to the conversation had, I am normally quite a placid man but not on this occasion. When your existing remote changes channels ten times in ten seconds and you have to remove the batteries, then giving you only the one channel you're on, you get quite desperate.
I only wanted a [REMOVED] new remote.
[MOD EDIT: Inappropriate language removed, please review the Forum Guidelines]