cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Upgraded account

kenilworthham19
Tuning in
  • At the end of December 2022 I upgraded my account to move to the 360 service and replace my 4 TiVo boxes with the  Virgin TV 360 service (1 main box and 2 mini boxes)
  • to date I have not received these 
  • the last occasion I contacted cust serv to do with a service outage I was told it was a software only upgrade ?!? That is not what I signed up for - please clarify 
  • this was the last response I got in Feb via WhatsApp IMG_9234.png

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My understanding is that if you have two V6 boxes they can be migrated by a firmware upgrade. The older TiVOs have to be replaced. If you have more than 2 V6 boxes then it has to be a manned change.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

7 REPLIES 7

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

My understanding is that if you have two V6 boxes they can be migrated by a firmware upgrade. The older TiVOs have to be replaced. If you have more than 2 V6 boxes then it has to be a manned change.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi kenilworthham19,

Thanks for posting 😊

The information nodrogd has given is spot on, if you need any further help with this please let us know.

Alex_Rm

Cheers for that information

Ill seek solution from customer service

Alex

Do I progress through customer service - my last call hit as brick wall

Thanks for your reply @kenilworthham19 😊 Sorry that you've not had much luck when speaking with the team. I'll be happy to help with this further.

I'll send you a PM to confirm your details so this can be done.

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Nathan

I have done so

Regards

Rob

Hi there, I hope you've had a nice long weekend 😊

I have caught up with my colleague today and he wasn't available over the weekend. He is having a look at this for me today however.

So the order can proceed can you please, disconnect the TiVo box that you have so we can then remove this off the account and upgrade the others?

Regards

Nathan

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules